Web designers know that their industry tends to change very quickly. Continuous adaptation and development of skills are necessary in order to always stay up to date. Over the past few years, mobile web usage has increased to a point where web designers can no longer afford to ignore it. As a result, web designers have a growing need to be educated in this area and to be ready to design websites that accommodate their audience. Consequently, our brand new Smashing eBook is dedicated to “Mobile Design for iPhone and iPad”.
This e-book presents articles on professional mobile design for the iPhone as well as the iPad, including studies of trends in mobile design and guidelines for the development of mobile web pages. These articles are mostly a selection of the best from Smashing Magazine in 2009 and 2010, dealing with mobile design for the iPhone and iPad, plus an exclusive 90-page study about mobile web design trends. They have been carefully edited and are available as a PDF, ePub and Mobipocket.
- download a free PDF sample (6 Mb)
- download a free ePUB sample (.zip, 2.2 Mb)
- download a free Mobipocket sample (2.6 Mb)
- read one of the articles of the eBook, How To Build A Mobile Website1 for free (HTML)
- buy the eBook (PDF, ePUB, Mobipocket) for only $9.90
Table of Contents Link
More than 300 pages, the eBook consists of articles about:
- Mobile Web Design Trends
- Mobile Web Design: Tips and Best Practices
- How to Build a Mobile Website
- Web Development for the iPhone and iPad: Getting Started
- How to Create Your First iPhone Application
- iPhone Apps Design Trends
- iPhone Apps Designs Reviewed
- iPhone Apps Design Mistakes: Over-Blown Visuals
- iPhone Apps Design Mistakes: Disregard of Context
- Useful Design Tips for Your iPad App
- Make it a Mobile Web App
- How to Use CSS3 Media Queries to Create a Mobile Website
- Forms on Mobile Devices
- Setting up Photoshop for Web and iPhone Development
- How to Market Your Mobile Application
- A Study of Trends in Mobile Design
The authors are: Alexander Dawson, Alexander Komarov, Cameron Chapman, Jen Gordon, Jon Raasch, Kim Pimmel, Luke Wroblewski, Marc Edwards, Michael Flarupp, Nick Francis, Rachel Andrew and Steven Snell.
Advantages With Smashing eBooks Link
Now, why should readers buy a Smashing eBook? Good question. Although so much content is available online for free, an eBook feels a bit more permanent, secure and reliable and is often much better optimized for reading than webpages are. In fact, eBooks present many more benefits and advantages compared to the web, including:
You can carry all your books with you, in notebooks, smartphones or e-book readers, without worrying about their weight. Also, being compact, they are much more convenient for reading offline or on mobile smart phones. All Smashing eBooks are available as a PDF, ePub and Mobipocket.
- Search Functionality
With built-in search functionality you can easily search for keywords or even text passages in your books.
- Bookmarks, Highlights and Notes
Advanced e-book readers will automatically remember where you stopped reading each time you close your digital book. They also allow you to bookmark specific pages, highlight your favorite text passages and make notes.
- Built-in Dictionaries
Advanced e-book readers provide built-in dictionaries. For example, if you read an English book but you are not a native-speaker, built-in dictionaries can help you to understand the content in your e-book quicker.
- Text to Speech
Latest e-book readers provide built-in text-to-speech functionality that can be useful, especially for mobile devices with small screens. Also, you can allow your eyes to rest after a long day in front of your computer.
- No Advertising
Compared to articles published on Smashing Magazine, our Smashing eBooks do not contain any advertising.
- No DRM Protection
The Smashing eBooks are not protected by DRM. That makes it easy for you to read the e-books on any e-book reader. Please respect our work and the hard efforts of our writers. If you received a Smashing eBook from a source other than the Smashing Shop, please support us by purchasing your copy in our online shop2. Thank you.
Smashing eBook Series Link
You can read all Smashing eBooks in PDF format, ePub or Mobipocket:
- Smashing eBook #1: Professional Web Design4
- Smashing eBook #2: Successful Freelancing for Web Designers5
- Smashing eBook #3: Mastering Photoshop for Web Design6
- Smashing eBook #4: Mobile Design for iPhone and iPad
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/11/03/how-to-build-a-mobile-website/
- 2 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com
- 3 http://shop.smashingmagazine.com
- 4 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/smashingbook-dispatcher.php?d=smashing-ebook-series-1-professional-web-design
- 5 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/smashingbook-dispatcher.php?d=smashing-ebook-successful-freelancing
- 6 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/smashingbook-dispatcher.php?d=smashing-ebook-mastering-photoshop
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Barcelona, on October 25–26, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.