Designing and developing an e-commerce website takes a lot of brain power, knowledge and research before starting. Not only do you have to please your client with a beautiful layout and thoughtful structure, but you have to make your client’s customers easily understand what it’s all about; that is, you have to deliver a great user experience and high conversion rates. What that in mind, our brand new Smashing eBook is all about “How to Create Selling E-Commerce Websites.”
This eBook walks you through the process of preparing your e-commerce project, showing you what it takes to present merchandise beautifully and convincingly, and how to run valid and effective A/B and multivariate testing of various designs.
The eBook is a selection of the best articles on Smashing Magazine from 2009 and 2010 that deal with creating e-commerce websites. They have been carefully edited and prepared in PDF format and in ePUB and Mobipocket versions for compatible eBook readers, such as the Apple iPad and Amazon Kindle. Some screenshots and links were removed in order to make the book easier to read and print.
We have put this book together to give you all the information you need to create a successful e-commerce website in one fell swoop. Enjoy, and good luck with your work!
- Download a free PDF sample (3.0 MB),
- Download a free ePUB sample (ZIP, 1.6 MB),
- Download a free Mobipocket sample1 (ZIP, 2.2 MB),
- Buy the eBook (PDF, ePUB, Mobipocket) for only $9.90!
Table of Contents Link
At over 260 pages, this eBook consists of articles about the following:
- Getting Started With E-Commerce,
- 5 Universal Principles for Successful E-Commerce Websites,
- 12 Tips for Designing an Excellent Check-Out Process,
- How to Engage Customers on Your E-Commerce Website,
- Principles of Effective Search in E-Commerce Design,
- 15 Common Mistakes in E-Commerce Design,
- E-Commerce: Fundamentals of a Successful Redesign,
- Improve Your E-Commerce Design With Brilliant Product Photos,
- How to Use Photos to Sell More Online,
- Design to Sell: 8 Useful Tips to Help Your Website Convert,
- 7 More Useful Tips to Help Your Website Convert,
- Optimizing Conversion Rates: Less Effort, More Customers,
- Optimizing Conversion Rates: It’s All About Usability,
- Use Conversions to Generate More Conversions,
- The Ultimate Guide to A/B Testing,
- Multivariate Testing: 5 Simple Steps to Increase Conversion Rates.
The authors are Rachel Andrew, Cameron Chapman, James Chudley, Paras Chopra, Peter Crawfurd, Dmitry Fadeyev, Jeffrey Olson, András Rung and Frank Puscher.
The Smashing eBook Bundle Link
You can buy the complete Smashing eBook Series as one bundle for just $39.90! All Smashing eBooks are available in PDF, ePUB and Mobipocket formats:
- Smashing eBook #1: Professional Web Design,
- Smashing eBook #2: Successful Freelancing for Web Designers,
- Smashing eBook #3: Mastering Photoshop for Web Design,
- Smashing eBook #4: Mobile Design for iPhone and iPad,
- Smashing eBook #5: How to Create Selling E-Commerce Websites.
Advantages Of Smashing eBooks Link
Now, why should readers buy a Smashing eBook? Good question. Although much of the content is available online for free, an eBook feels a bit more permanent, secure and reliable and is often much better optimized for reading than Web pages. In fact, eBooks present many more advantages over the Web, including these:
You can carry all your books with you in a notebook, smartphone or eBook reader without worrying about weight. Also, being compact, they are much more convenient for reading offline or on smartphones. All Smashing eBooks are available in PDF, ePUB or Mobipocket.
- Search functionality
With built-in search functionality, you can easily search for keywords and even passages of text in a book.
- Bookmarks, highlights and notes
Advanced eBook readers automatically remember where you’ve stopped reading each time you close a book. They also allow you to bookmark pages, highlight favorite passages and write notes.
- Built-in dictionaries
Advanced eBook readers provide built-in dictionaries. For example, if you are reading an English-language book but are not a native speaker, the built-in dictionary can help you understand the content.
The latest eBook readers provide built-in text-to-speech functionality, which is especially useful on mobile devices with small screens. Text-to-speech also allows you to rest your eyes after a long day in front of the computer.
- No advertising
Unlike the articles published on Smashing Magazine, Smashing eBooks do not contain any advertising.
- No DRM
Smashing eBooks are not protected by DRM. That makes it easy for you to read the content on any eBook reader. Please respect our work and the hard efforts of our writers. If you have received a Smashing eBook from a source other than the Smashing Shop, please support us by purchasing your copy in our online shop2. Thank you.
- 1 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/smashingconf-oxford-2016
- 2 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.