The year is slowly coming to an end and we’re glad to present to you a festive icon set to inspire you in your designs. In this post we present a minimalist collection of 20 free festive vector (.EPS) icons created by offset media. The pack includes color and grayscale versions. The pack includes mostly Christmas related icons, such us the gingerbread man, nutcracker, snowman and the very well-known fir tree.
Download the Icon Set for Free! Link
The pack is completely free to use in personal and commercial projects without any restrictions. Please link to this article if you want to spread the word.
Behind the Design Link
As always, here are some insights from the designer:
“Like any design studio, here at offset media, we prefer to create our own festive greeting cards to give to clients. This year I had a very clear vision of the overall look I wanted, a single white festive character on a solid red background.
Knowing the look, but unsure of what character to use, I ended up creating a bunch of icons to choose from. Once we were happy with the card design (choosing the snowman), we had all these unused icons lying about, and being someone who does not likes things going to waste, I decided to share them with others who could possible make use of them!”
Thank you, George. We appreciate your work and your good intentions!
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/festive-icon-pack-20-free-icons.jpg
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/12/08/free-smashing-christmas-icon-set/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/12/17/smashing-christmas-icon-sets/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sm-festive-icons-colour.jpg
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sm-festive-icons.jpg
- 6 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/large-preview-screenshot.jpg
- 7 http://provide.smashingmagazine.com/festive-icon-pack.zip
- 8 http://georgeneocleous.blogspot.com/
Hold on tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Oxford, on March 15—16, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.