Today, we present yet another freebie — a free set of icons related to movies and television, designed by Samuray1 and released for Smashing Magazine and the design community. The icons are available in six different sizes as transparent PNG files, JPG files as well as Photoshop PSD source files. The icons are released under a Creative Commons Attribution license.
Download The Set For Free! Link
You can use this icon set freely for commercial and personal projects. Please link to this release post if you want to spread the word.
- large preview3 (.jpg)
- download PNG and JPG for free4 (.zip, 1.41 Mb).
- download PNG, JPG and PSD for free5 (.zip, 34.41 Mb).
Perhaps you’d like to showcase your interests in your portfolio, or perhaps an obscure indie filmmaker has asked you to put up a small site for their upcoming movie. Or maybe you are organizing a party and would like to invite your good ol’ friends or colleagues to a movie evening. Eventually you might end up looking for a set of original cinema or TV-related icons, and purchasing generic stock icons isn’t really an option. In these (and hopefully many other) cases, this icon set might be useful.
This set contains 10 images related to film, movies and the movie-going experience. Each icon is available in six sizes: its original size, 256×256px, 128×128px, 64×64px, 32×32px and 16×16px. The icons included are:
- Anaglyph Glasses
- Cinema Seat
- Soft Drink
- Film Reel
- TV Set
The icons are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license6. You are free to distribute, transform, fiddle with and build them into your work, even commercially. However, please always credit the original designer of the set (in this case, Nikolay Kuchkarov).
Behind The Design Link
As always, here are some insights from the designer:
“My inspiration was the Academic Icon Set8. I saw this amazing set and decided to make my own, and today I am honored to share the results with you all. This icon set is the result of about a month of work, and I hope that you will love it!”
— Nikolay Kuchkarov
Also, you can watch the video of the design process for the icons below:
Thanks, Nikolay! We sincerely appreciate your time and efforts!
- 1 http://dribbble.com/SAMURAY
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Full_preview.jpg
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Full_preview.jpg
- 4 http://provide.smashingmagazine.com/Freebies/movie-icon-set-JPG-PNG.zip
- 5 http://provide.smashingmagazine.com/Freebies/movie-icon-set-JPG-PNG-PSD.zip
- 6 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Full_preview.jpg
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/06/18/freebie-academic-icon-set-10-png-psd-icons/
- 9 http://vimeo.com/44571200
- 10 http://vimeo.com/samuray
- 11 http://vimeo.com
- 12 http://vimeo.com/44610555
- 13 http://vimeo.com/samuray
- 14 http://vimeo.com
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.