This week we have a beautiful icon freebie for you. BanzaiTokyo1 designed this art related icon set. Their collection of 34 icons are an homage to the creative professions. The icons are available as PNG files and released under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
The Art Professions Icons set would not be out of place in an artist’s portfolio website, be they cook or painter — or even multi-talented. Imagine these icons guiding a modern art gallery’s visitor through the institution’s online presence and you won’t feel let down. Any site remotely representing artistic efforts, finally, has a homogenous set at its disposal. Furthermore, the geniuses at BanzaiTokio did Smashing Magazine the honor of designing an icon just for us, which you will also find below.
The icons are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License4. You are free to distribute, transform, fiddle with and build them into your work, even commercially. Please always credit the original designer of the set. The icons may not be resold, sub-licensed, rented, transferred or otherwise made available for use.
Download The Set For Free! Link
You can use this icon set freely for commercial and personal projects. Please link to this release post if you want to spread the word.
The set contains 34 icons for various occasions. The Icons are available in eight sizes — 32×32 px, 48×48 px, 64×64 px , 72×72 px, 96×96 px, 128×128 px, 256×256 px, 512×512 px. The icons included are:
- Body Art
- Creative Writing
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Art
- Game Development
- Industrial Design
- Interior Design
- Photo Editing
- Pixel Art
- Street Art
- UI Design
- Vector Art
- Web Design
Behind The Design Link
As always, here are some insights from the designers:
“We see a lot of icons created for business and general public – social networking and ecommerce, what bothered us is that fellow creatives – writers, painters, sculptors and many others were overlooked and we made it our goal to create icons for every creative activity there is.
Now artists can use these icons to showcase different sections of their portfolio websites and blog writers can have a complete coverage of all creative activities.”
Thanks, BanzaiTokio, for being creative for the creative community!
Further Reading on SmashingMag: Link
- The Dying Art Of Design7
- Pop Art Is Alive: Classics and Modern Artworks8
- Milton Glaser on Art & Design9
- Eight Inspiring Stories Of ASCII Art10
- Modern Art Movements To Inspire Your Logo Design11
- 1 http://banzaitokyo.com
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/preview_640.png
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/preview_640.png
- 4 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/preview_640.png
- 6 http://provide.smashingmagazine.com/Freebies/art-professions-icon-set.zip
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/04/the-dying-art-of-design/
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/07/pop-art-is-alive-classics-and-modern-artworks/
- 9 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/07/milton-glaser-art-design/
- 10 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/01/8-inspiring-highlights-of-ascii-art/
- 11 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/01/12-modern-art-movements-to-inspire-your-logo-design/