User Experience (UX) design is a broad field. It’s not just about usability, interaction design and information architecture, it also involves various domains such as psychology, strategy, copywriting, management, ergonomics, SEO, social media and so on. We strive to improve our users’ experience regardless of who they are (children, teenager or elderly), where they are (indoor or outdoor; US, Europe or Asia), what they use (desktop, tablet, mobile) and which channels they are on (online/digital or offline/physical).
In this UX Design section, we hope to serve our readers who are from different fields: researchers, consultants, designers, developers, business analysts, project managers, business strategists, and many more. We aim to provide you with a range of articles including practical tips that you can immediately apply to your jobs and best practice recommendations from industry experts. You will also discover surprising findings from the latest case studies and insights into areas with which you might be less familiar.
Further Reading on SmashingMag: Link
- How To Build An Agile UX Team: The Culture1
- Effectively Planning UX Design Projects2
- How To Spark A UX Revolution3
- The Lean UX Manifesto: Principle-Driven Design4
- How To Become A UX Leader5
Introducing Chui Chui: Link
Chui Chui is Director of International Research at cxpartners, working with clients to understand their customers in every corner of the world. She has been working in usability and user centred design for over a decade. Her background is in product design6, working with Panasonic in Malaysia, and she has a PhD in Human Computer Interaction from Queens University Belfast.
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/how-to-build-an-agile-ux-team-culture/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2013/01/effectively-planning-ux-design-projects/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2017/03/spark-ux-revolution/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/01/lean-ux-manifesto-principle-driven-design/
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2015/04/how-to-become-a-ux-leader/
- 6 http://www.slideshare.net/cxpartners/designing-for-physical-versus-digital-products
- 7 http://www.slideshare.net/cxpartners/web-and-mobile-forms-design-userfriendly-2010-workshop
- 8 http://www.slideshare.net/cxpartners/chinese-web-design-patterns-how-and-why-theyre-different
- 9 http://www.slideshare.net/cxpartners/your-mobile-experience-is-not-theirs-18356203
- 10 http://www.uxbooth.com/articles/mobile-form-design-strategies/
- 11 https://twitter.com/chuisquared
- 12 https://twitter.com/ChuiSquared
- 13 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/write-for-us/
- 14 //www.smashingmagazine.com/contact/