User Experience (UX) design is a broad field. It’s not just about usability, interaction design and information architecture, it also involves various domains such as psychology, strategy, copywriting, management, ergonomics, SEO, social media and so on. We strive to improve our users’ experience regardless of who they are (children, teenager or elderly), where they are (indoor or outdoor; US, Europe or Asia), what they use (desktop, tablet, mobile) and which channels they are on (online/digital or offline/physical).
In this UX Design section, we hope to serve our readers who are from different fields: researchers, consultants, designers, developers, business analysts, project managers, business strategists, and many more. We aim to provide you with a range of articles including practical tips that you can immediately apply to your jobs and best practice recommendations from industry experts. You will also discover surprising findings from the latest case studies and insights into areas with which you might be less familiar.
Introducing Chui Chui: Link
Chui Chui is Director of International Research at cxpartners, working with clients to understand their customers in every corner of the world. She has been working in usability and user centred design for over a decade. Her background is in product design1, working with Panasonic in Malaysia, and she has a PhD in Human Computer Interaction from Queens University Belfast.
- 1 http://www.slideshare.net/cxpartners/designing-for-physical-versus-digital-products
- 2 http://www.slideshare.net/cxpartners/web-and-mobile-forms-design-userfriendly-2010-workshop
- 3 http://www.slideshare.net/cxpartners/chinese-web-design-patterns-how-and-why-theyre-different
- 4 http://www.slideshare.net/cxpartners/your-mobile-experience-is-not-theirs-18356203
- 5 http://www.uxbooth.com/articles/mobile-form-design-strategies/
- 6 https://twitter.com/chuisquared
- 7 https://twitter.com/ChuiSquared
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/write-for-us/
- 9 //www.smashingmagazine.com/contact/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.