Menu Search
Jump to the content X
X

Desktop Wallpaper Calendars: July 2013

We always try our best to challenge your artistic abilities and produce some interesting, beautiful and creative artwork. And as designers we usually turn to different sources of inspiration. As a matter of fact, we’ve discovered the best one—desktop wallpapers that are a little more distinctive than the usual crowd.

This creativity mission has been going on for over five years now, and we are very thankful to all the designers who have contributed and are still diligently contributing each month. This post features free desktop wallpapers created by artists across the globe for July 2013. Both versions with a calendar and without a calendar can be downloaded for free. It’s time to freshen up your wallpaper!

Please note that:

• All images can be clicked on and lead to the preview of the wallpaper,
  • You can feature your work in our magazine by taking part in our Desktop Wallpaper Calendar series. We are regularly looking for creative designers and artists to be featured on Smashing Magazine. Are you one of them?

Only one

“Make the days count this summer!” — Designed by Meghan Pascarella from USA

Mason Jar

Love is caring

“Love is caring.” — Designed by Zanetine Web Design from India

Love is caring

Celebrate Freedom

This wallpaper encourages you to appreciate and celebrate the country’s freedom as well as your own! Designed by Marina Zhukov from USA

Desktop Wallpaper

Tanabata Festival

Designed by Evacomics from Japan

Desktop Wallpaper

The Highest

Designed by Bogdan Zinchenko from Ukraine

The Highest

World Ufo Day

“The holiday dedicated to those who study the phenomena that have no logical explanation, and the objects, which is attributed to an extraterrestrial origin.” — Designed by cheloveche.ru from Russia

World Ufo Day

Cute Birds

“Vector illustration of cute birds” — Designed by Brykova Yuliia from Ukraine

Cute Birds

Hola Quintilis

Designed by Logan Holy from Indonesia

Hola Quintilis

Hot Air Balloon

Designed by Studcréa from France

Hot Air Balloon

Wimbledon 2013 RF

“Inspired by Roger Federer and the most famous tennis grand slam. I created this wallpaper to pay homage to one of the greatest tennis players and what he may achieve this year.” — Designed by Jeremiah Selengia from U.S.A

Wimbledon 2013 RF

Canada Day

“July 1st is Canada Day!” — Designed by Jen Riehle from USA/Canada

Canada Day

Aurora diamond globe

“Left overs from some ideas that did not made it into projects. My debut here in monthly wallpapers.” — Designed by Henning Stein from Germany

Aurora diamond globe

Kite

Designed by Katerina Bobkova from Ukraine

Kite

Walk in the sun

Designed by Justyna Dominika from Poland

Walk in the sun

Join In Next Month! Link

Please note that we respect and carefully consider the ideas and motivation behind each and every artist’s work. This is why we give all artists the full freedom to explore their creativity and express emotions and experience throughout their works. This is also why the themes of the wallpapers weren’t anyhow influenced by us, but rather designed from scratch by the artists themselves.

A big thank you to all the designers for their participation. Join in next month!

What’s Your Favorite? Link

What’s your favorite theme or wallpaper for this month? Please let us know in the comment section below.

Smashing Book #5

Hold on tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? For example, Smashing Book 5, packed with smart responsive design patterns and techniques.

The Smashing team loves high-quality content and cares about the little details. Through our online articles, Smashing Books, eBooks as well as Smashing Conferences, we are committed to stimulating creativity and strengthening the web design community’s creative forces.

Nice set, liking the Mason Jar.

To answer the question on the Wimbledon 2013 RF design — that would be a resounding no!

I was totally hoping for a Tour de France wallpaper! Alas.

Thank you Smashing Magazine for selecting my calendar (Tanabata Festival) again! :D

Thank you Smashing Magazine for to put our wallpaper on your list again.

Team Zanetine

thank you Smashmag!

Spectate, Mason Jar and Diamond globe for me. =)

Good collection but only one of them supports 2880×1800. That’s sad(

Kelvin Castelino

July 1, 2013 7:17 am

Nice creations! But a few this time! What happened?

Nice Wallpaper :)

The answer to the Federer wallpaper is “no, no he cannot.”

Sarfaraz Ansari

July 1, 2013 8:49 am

All are good designed awesome!

Whoa, so many great wallpapers for this month.. But my favorites are Mason Jar, Hot Air Balloon, and Sweet Summer <3
    Thank you for creating these wonderful wallpapers! Waiting for next month! :)

My Favorite Wallpaper is: Love is caring

fav = Mason Jar
    great wallpaper!
    simple clean summer-atmosphere
    the paper structure is perfect to set my desktop icons free from the background

thanks

Jumped the gun a wee bit on the R-Fed one!

Spectate and Diamond Globe for me. Subtle, clean and summery; good job!

Nice wallpapers.. but previous year’s wallpapers were better :(

thanks..

Prince Malhotra

July 8, 2013 1:19 pm

Mufeed Year or “Month”? Do you remember last year July month Wallpapers.

I admire the work of art every calendar has its own artistic touch. I like nearly all of the above but categorizing according to my personal taste is “Love is caring” & “Cute Birds”. And you are good at providing creative resource specially from my field design & printing.

My favorites are Sweet Summer & Mason Jar…wish there were more summery/4th of July ones to choose from, though…

From a USA bias, I really liked Pat Buenaobra’s “4th of July.” Beautiful colors and design.

THANKS for all of the wallpapers!

Thanks for getting featured in this great collection. I think next time, I’ll leave my sporting hopes to myself.

Cheers,

The watermelon image made me smile, but I like the mason jar the best!

andrea whiting

July 1, 2013 5:32 pm

Soooooo many to choose from.
    I selected “Sweet Summer”

Manish Salunke

July 1, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks you! :)

I saved “Vector illustration of cute birds” — Designed by Brykova Yuliia from Ukraine this time… really loved the ufo one too but really like the none line calendar type better so.. birdies it is for a whole month.. no switching..

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I am not at all excited about this month’s collection. I usually look forward to passing these around the office every month and I feel like lately it’s all the same people with the same recycled color palates and themes. A couple that stood out for me, but mostly I’m looking forward to August now.

Yuliia – I am in love with Sweet Summer! You’ll have many of us smiling all month. Thanks!

I like cute birds, sweet summer and only one. Thanks!

Love that there were 4, count ’em 4, from my home country, Ukraine. Love ’em all!

Yuliia Bahniuk

July 2, 2013 8:44 am

Thank you to everyone who liked my work(Sweet Summer)! You can not imagine how I am pleased to hear your nice words! I am very happy that my work makes you pleasant emotions, because the aim of my works is to make people smile:)

Thank you Smashing Magazine for selecting my calendar!

I wish you all an amazing and unforgettable summer! :)

My favorites this month are:

Mason Jar

Spectate

Aurora Diamond Globe

Hot Air Balloon

plus a special mention of World Ufo Day (by the ever-excellent cheloveche.ru) which made me LOL. очень смешно! :)

Thanks! Nice work everybody!