You didn’t really think we’d wrap up our endless, mischievous mystery riddles just like that, did you? Well, the Mystery continues! To celebrate the launch of the SmashingConf NYC 2015, we’ve prepared a new mystery riddle, and this one will be an exercise in patience and stubborness. No, it’s not going to be an easy one this time either, but the reward is definitely worth the effort.
How does it work? Well, you know how it works. Below you’ll find the first of a few animated GIFs that contain a hidden Twitter hashtag. Your job is to discover those hashtags as fast as possible. If your guess for a hashtag is right, search for that hashtag on Twitter and you’ll find a tweet leading you to the next level. Once you’ve reached the last level, just tweet out all the hints in one single tweet to @smashingmag. You’re looking for 5 hashtags in total, a hashtag per level. Not that difficult, right?
So let’s get to work. Are you ready? Action!
Hint: watch out for the file name. Construct the right hashtag. View large version.
What Can You Win?
Among the first readers who tweet us with the hidden hashtag, we’ll raffle a quite extraordinary, smashing prize (and a couple of other Smashing extras):
- a roundtrip flight to New York, USA,
- full accommodation in a fancy hotel,
- a ticket to the Smashing Conference New York 2015,
- any Smashing workshop ticket of your choice,
- full access to the Smashing eBook Library,
- a signed edition of the Smashing Book #4,
- your very own Smashing caricature, designed just for you.
Please notice that to avoid spoilers, comments are closed for this post. So, have you figured it out yet? Have you, have you, have youuu? ;-)
Update (02.02.2015): The mystery has been resolved! We congratulate the winners Martin Rädlinger, Erik Schwarz, Anneke Sinnema, Giulia Alfonsi, Sara Elisa Verona, GB, Mark Greenwood, Stas Zubovich and Olga S.! Thanks to everyone for their participation, and see you next time! ;-)
Update: The mystery
will be revealed is now revealed on a separate page. Now, are you ready for the next one? ;-)
- The Smashing Mystery Riddle #8, An Emoji Edition
- The Smashing Mystery Riddle Is Resolved: When Purple Rain Meets Felix The Cat
- The Ultimate Guide To Cloning In Photoshop
- Hand-Sketching: Things You Didn’t Know Your Doodles Could Accomplish