Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world. Millions, probably billions of people drink coffee every day: a shot of espresso, an indulgent caffè latte, the straight-up Americano, a fashionable flat white.
Creative folks have come to rely on a regular dose of caffeine, preferably delivered in one of coffee’s varied forms. Many of us choose to work from or meet in a coffee house because of the cozy atmosphere, the smell of freshly ground coffee beans, the bustle of life – and the free Wi-Fi.
Designed by Oliver Pitsch52, Barista is an icon set dedicated to all baristas and coffee lovers. It consists of 50 carefully crafted vector icons. The icons are drawn on a special 256px grid adapted from the iOS icon grid. All icons are available as 128px PNG (+ @2x 256px versions), as well as Illustrator EPS and SVG files.
Feel free to modify the size, color or shape of the icons. No attribution is required, though reselling bundles or individual pictograms isn’t allowed (and it isn’t cool either). Please note that the set is released under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license. We kindly ask you to provide credits to the creator and link to this article if you would like to spread the word.
Download The Icon Set For Free! Link
Insights From The Designer Link
“It must have been mid December 2015 when I visited my regular coffee shop in central Cologne. A really small café named ‘Hommage’. A place that is called a “coffeedral” because it looks like a mixture of a coffee shop and a church, including a church pew and a fresco on the ceiling. (Seriously, visit it on your next trip to this wonderful city!) Mo — who runs this lovely place with his fiancée Isa — and I got talking about our work and our love of coffee. We chatted about beans, roasts, grinds and filter techniques.
Talking to a barista like Mo opens up a great perspective. A true barista doesn’t serve coffee. He creates art. Steaming hot art. Coming back home that day I took all the inspiration from that day and started drawing the first icon in what is now a huge icon set on the topic of coffee and coffee shops.
The set has now grown to 50 carefully crafted icons and I am more than happy to share it with the readers of Smashing Magazine – as I already have with a lot of my icon sets since 2009.
Enjoy these icons and remember: it’s always coffee o’clock!
Keep up the great work!
Further Reading on SmashingMag: Link
- Gallery Of Coffee Mug Photos6
- Showcase Of Delicious Coffee Websites7
- Never Stop Learning With Conference Live Streams And Videos8
- Privacy Guidelines For Designing Personalization9
- Stretching The Limits Of What’s Possible10
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/barista-preview_03.png
- 2 http://addictedtocoffee.de/
- 3 http://provide.smashingmagazine.com/Freebies/barista-icon-set.zip
- 4 mailto:email@example.com
- 5 http://addictedtocoffee.de/
- 6 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/the-smashing-coffee-mug-photo-contest-best-entries/
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/08/showcase-of-delicious-coffee-websites/
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/03/never-stop-learning-with-live-streams-and-conference-videos/
- 9 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/03/privacy-for-personalization/
- 10 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/09/interview-with-matan-stauber/