The web has become a noisy place with millions of companies trying to get users’ attention. No wonder many of them apply increasingly desperate techniques to encourage users to act on their websites. We’ve seen an explosion of dark patterns attempting to manipulate users into handing over personal data or make a purchase. Jump to table of contents.
However, these manipulative techniques come with hidden costs in customer service, maintenance, support, return processing fees, and social media backlash. They cost a fortune and hurt business irrevocably. Download a free PDF sample (17.3 MB) (ePUB, Kindle).
How, then, do we encourage users to act? If dark patterns are not the answer, then what is? How do we increase clicks without shady tricks? These are the questions that Click! answers.
In the book, you’ll learn how to:
- measure conversion effectively
- build a user-centric sales funnel
- address objections and reduce risks
- build trust and overcome skepticism
- persuade people well without alienating them
- boost business KPIs sustainably
- apply quick wins to help business today
- establish long-term strategy for better conversion.
304 pages. High quality hardcover + eBook (PDF, ePUB, Kindle). For designers, marketers, entrepreneurs and product owners. Written by Paul Boag. Designed by Veerle Pieters.Read more…