Creating Meaningful Websites
What is it that makes a website stand out from the crowd? What makes it memorable and meaningful? This eBook wants to explore these questions.
About The Book
What is it that makes a website stand out from the crowd? What makes it memorable and meaningful? This eBook wants to approach these questions. It’s in no means a step-by-step guide to follow, but rather a collection of thoughts to give you some general impulses and perspectives on creating meaningful websites.
Starting with a comprehensive website planning guide to the question, “Which role does emotion play within the emotionless Web system?”, our Smashing authors explored a variety of different aspects that all contribute to aesthetically beautiful and thoroughly thought-out user experience.
Table of Contents
- A Comprehensive Website Planning Guide —
- A Fun Approach To Creating More Successful Websites —
- Defending The Generalists In The Web Design Industry —
- Breaking Down Silos: The Consequences Of Working In Isolation —
- MUD: Minimum Usable Design —
- A Craft Of Consequences: Reader, Writer And Emotional Design —
- Easier Is Better Than Better —
- Designing Engaging And Enjoyable Long-Form Reading Experiences —
- Symptoms Of An Epidemic: Web Design Trends —
- Formats: ePUB, Kindle, PDF (DRM-free)
- Pages: 106
- Language: English
- Released: June 2013
- Publisher: Smashing Media AG
- ISBN (PDF): 978-3-94454036-8