How To Create Selling E-Commerce Websites, Vol. 2
This eBook takes a look at the challenges that crafting online shopping experiences bring along, and equips you with the necessary know-how on how to deal with them effectively.
About The Book
With more and more people reaching out for their smartphones and tablets to shop online, mobile e-commerce is set to reach $86 billion by 2016 — a development that brings along entirely new demands on e-commerce websites. After our first e-commerce eBook was published four years ago, we wanted to take a fresh look at the challenges that crafting online shopping experiences bring along today, and equip you with the necessary know-how on how to deal with them effectively.
Along the way, our expert authors will guide you through the vital steps of planning a successful e-commerce website and explore the design decisions that have to be considered in order to achieve a pleasant and compelling user experience. We’ll also take a deeper look into the peculiarities of mobile e-commerce usability and cover tips on designing a better checkout process. Reducing abandoned shopping carts is also one of the topics that we’ll dig into. With real-life examples and insights into a large-scale usability study that dissects some of the biggest e-commerce websites out there, this eBook will prove to be a valuable and practical source for all your e-commerce needs.
Table of Contents
- How To Plan Your Next Mobile E-Commerce Website —
- Exploring Ten Fundamental Aspects Of M-Commerce Usability —
- An E-Commerce Study: Guidelines For Better Navigation And Categories —
- The Current State Of E-Commerce Search —
- Better Product Pages: Turn Visitors Into Customers —
- Designing A Better Mobile Checkout Process —
- Creating A Client-Side Shopping Cart —
- Reducing Abandoned Shopping Carts In E-Commerce —
- Formats: ePUB, Kindle, PDF (DRM-free)
- Pages: 286
- Language: English
- Released: November 2014
- Publisher: Smashing Media AG
- ISBN (PDF): 978-3-945749-05-0