Smashing Book 6: New Frontiers In Web Design (eBook)
Meet Smashing Book 6 with everything from accessibility to CSS Custom Properties, Grid, Service Workers, performance patterns, AR/VR, conversational UIs and responsive art direction.
About The Book
Also available as a gorgeous, printed hardcover.
Smashing Book 6 is dedicated to the challenges and headaches that we are facing today, and how to resolve them. No chit-chat, no theory: only practical, useful advice applicable to your work right away.
We’ll explore how to build accessible single-page apps with React or Angular, how to use CSS Grid Layout, CSS Custom Properties and service workers as well as how to load assets on the web in times of HTTP/2 and bloated third-party scripts.
We’ll also examine how to make design systems work in real-life, how to design and build conversational interfaces, AR/VR, for chatbots and watches and how to bring responsive art-direction to the web. Smashing Book 6 will get you ready for the new frontiers and challenges.
eBook (PDF, ePUB, Kindle), 536 pages. Written by Laura Elizabeth, Marcy Sutton, Rachel Andrew, Mike Riethmueller, Lyza D. Gardner, Yoav Weiss, Adrian Zumbrunnen, Greg Nudelman, Ada Rose Cannon and Vitaly Friedman.
Table of Contents
- Making Design Systems Work in the Real World —
- Accessibility in Times of Single-Page Apps —
- Production-Ready CSS Grid Layouts —
- A Strategy Guide to CSS Custom Properties —
- Building an Advanced Service Worker —
- Loading Assets on the Web —
- On Designing Conversations —
- UX Design of Chatbots and Virtual Assistants —
- Crafting Experiences for AR/VR/XR —
- Bringing Personality Back to the Web —
- Formats: ePUB, Kindle, PDF (DRM-free)
- Pages: 536
- Language: English
- Released: September 2018
- Publisher: Smashing Media AG
- ISBN (PDF): 978-3-945749-67-8 (PDF), 978-3-945749-69-2 (ePUB), 978-3-945749-68-5 (Kindle)