TypeScript in 50 Lessons (eBook)
In TypeScript in 50 Lessons, Stefan Baumgartner breaks down the quirks of TypeScript into short, manageable lessons. You’ll make sense of TypeScript concepts, tooling for TypeScript and how to get most out of it without learning a new language. Everything TypeScript explained, from start to finish.
- TypeScript concepts, and how to make sense of them all.
- TypeScript tooling, needed to use the language effectively.
- How to get most out of TypeScript without learning a new language.
- Structural type systems, their semantics, and why they matter.
- Low-maintenance types and how to write types once, and let them grow automatically as code evolves.
- How to bend the type system to make it fit the needs of your projects.
- TypeScript culture and how the language is evolving.
About The Book
First, the book gently explores TypeScript, from basic ideas to common techniques and advanced strategies. Then, right around the midpoint, we’ll take the leap into structural type systems and why they are so useful for your work. Then we’ll dive into working with types, typing functions, union and intersection types, generics, conditional types and wrap up with thinking in types. Download a free sample PDF (2.3 MB).
Who is this book for?
If you ever find yourself:
...then TypeScript will do right by you.
About The Author
Stefan Baumgartner is a software architect based in Austria. He has published online since the late 1990s, writing for Manning, Smashing Magazine, and A List Apart. He organizes ScriptConf, TSConf:EU, and DevOne in Linz, and co-hosts the German-language Working Draft podcast.
Table of Contents
- TypeScript for Smashing People — In this chapter, we want to debunk myths. TypeScript can be so many things, and many people have different views on this programming language that has become so popular in recent years. What is TypeScript actually about? Let’s see what TypeScript has in store for us.
- Working with Types — Now that we are acquainted with TypeScript and feel more comfortable using it, it’s time to dig a bit deeper into the eponymous types.
- Union and Intersection Types — Starting with this chapter, we’ll go deep into TypeScript’s type system. We will learn about the set theory behind TypeScript, and how thinking in unions and intersections will help us get even more comprehensible and clearer type support.
- Generics — Generics offer us a way to prepare for the unknown. They let us define types that describe a certain piece of the type system where the details are filled out later. This is the land where utility functions and utility types are born.
- Formats: ePUB, Kindle, PDF (DRM-free)
- Pages: 464
- Language: English
- Released: October 2020
- Publisher: Smashing Media AG
- ISBN (PDF): 978-3-945749-91-3