Typography Best Practices
Web design is not just about a flamboyant or simply beautiful website appearance. This eBook is about small — but crucial — typographic details.
About The Book
Web design is not just about a flamboyant or simply beautiful website appearance. This book is about small — but crucial — details, in a specialty that is all about details.
Whether you're interested in determining the right paragraph layout or typographic details, observing the correct typographic etiquette or making the other small decisions that will dramatically influence how your website is perceived, many answers will present themselves in this collection of articles.
Table of Contents
- The Perfect Paragraph —
- Mind Your En And Em Dashes: Typographic Etiquette —
- How To Choose The Right Face For A Beautiful Body —
- Why Subtle Typographic Choices Make All The Difference —
- The Creative Way To Maximize Design Ideas With Type —
- Applying Macrotypography For A More Readable Web Page —
- Avoiding Faux Weights And Styles With Google Web Fonts —
- Setting Weights And Styles With The @font-face Declaration —
- Formats: ePUB, Kindle, PDF (DRM-free)
- Pages: 139
- Language: English
- Released: April 2013
- Publisher: Smashing Media AG
- ISBN (PDF): 978-3-943075-55-7