Work Smart, Live Healthy
Web design is more than a job. It’s a passion. This eBook focuses on practical tips and strategies to foster a balanced lifestyle so that you can tackle the job you love with more energy.
About The Book
Web design is more than a job. It’s a passion. However, keeping up with the immense pace at which the web industry is moving can feel quite intimidating at times and stress or even a burnout can strike all of us someday. With this eBook, we want to raise awareness for those aspects of the web industry which are not frequently talked about. It’s not about frameworks, code or scripts for a change — today it’s about you.
This eBook focuses on practical tips and strategies to foster a balanced lifestyle, but we also want to take those moments into account when things get tougher as usual by addressing a topic which is still often a taboo: mental health. Consider this eBook as a permission to let go a little, to step away from the web from time to time, so that you can tackle the job you love with more energy and provide more room for fresh ideas. Even if you may feel like everything is going smoothly for you (which is fantastic!), there are still a good number of valuable eye-openers in here which will prove to be useful to everyone who is a part of this fast-moving industry.
Table of Contents
- Maximize Your Creative Energy —
- Feeling Stuck? Design What You Don’t Know —
- Be A Better Designer By Eating An Elephant —
- Dealing With Workaholism On Web Teams —
- When 24/7/365 Fails: Turning Off Work On Weekends —
- Fostering Healthy Non-Professional Relationships —
- You Are Not A Machine. You Are Not Alone. —
- Let’s Talk About It —
- Formats: ePUB, Kindle, PDF (DRM-free)
- Pages: 101
- Language: English
- Released: December 2014
- Publisher: Smashing Media AG
- ISBN (PDF): 978-3-945749-08-1