Valitics is a web design, development and digital marketing agency in Boise, Idaho. We build websites, web applications, SEO solutions, paid marketing campaigns, email marketing campaigns, and branding projects that resonate with people and deliver results to our clients.
Our focus on our clients’ success and doing great work has led to 10+ years of success and growth. We choose our clients carefully. We’re focused on quality in our work - being proud of what we do every day is essential to us. We put a focus on (and set aside time for) continuing education in our industry.
Some of the perks of working at Valitics
Our culture is important to us, and something that differentiates us from a lot of other agencies.
- Comfortable, informal and collaborative office environment - we have a relaxed, modern office vibe and are located in downtown Boise, with free private parking
- We ensure that you have the tools you need to do your job well
- Casual dress code
- Reasonable hours and flexibility for when life happens
- Paid vacation plus at least twelve paid holiday/“just because” days per year
- Competitive salary
- Vision and dental insurance
- IRA with company matching up to 3%
- Performance bonuses
- Ownership opportunities to help us shape the vision and future of the company
We are looking for a skilled Web & Graphic Designer to join our team. This designer will be heavily involved in the planning and designing of the solutions we build for our clients. The ideal candidate for this position is a web designer with true design creativity, a strong understanding of modern design concepts including user experience and user interface principles, and a strong understanding of front-end web development and responsive frameworks and concepts.
You will be working with the rest of the Valitics team (and occasionally working directly with clients) to create solutions that delight our clients and produce a meaningful impact for their organization.
We need a front-end web designer who is familiar with tackling big projects and challenges, with a focused approach to the process and a true belief that thoughtful web design can help our clients accomplish their goals.
- 3 to 5 years of applicable experience in web and user interface design
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week with some occasional overtime, and perform occasional on-call duties
- Baccalaureate degree in Graphic Design (or other related field) strongly preferred, or equivalent experience
- Having a business degree/experience is a strong plus, but not a requirement
Technical skills and experience we are looking for
We use many different tools and techniques to help accomplish the best work possible on our projects, so it is important that you have:
- Strong understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator), Sketch, and code editor of choice
- Strong understanding of UX, UI and visual design concepts
- Experience building responsive websites
- Strong understanding of the mobile-first web design philosophy
- Experience with content management systems and templating languages
Other, equally important things we are looking for
Above and beyond skills and experience, there are a lot of “soft” skills that are extremely helpful in our industry. We are looking for someone who has:
- Demonstrable work examples via an online portfolio
- Desire to provide the high levels of quality in all of your work
- A detail-oriented mindset
- The ability to work on multiple projects seamlessly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to collaborate
- Is self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present design concepts and prototypes in-browser
- Closely follow design trends and developments and help suggest and integrate them into our environment and practices
Primary job responsibilities
Day to day, here’s the primary things you will be working on:
- Give expert design advice on new projects during discovery and planning phases
- Make recommendations on websites that we provide ongoing support for
- Wireframe, whiteboard, and develop user experiences
- Identify and define style elements, patterns, and typographic requirements for web design projects
- Create production image assets for development
- Collaborate with web developers to apply the design to web projects
Here are a few other things that you will be asked to help out on from time to time:
- Create web graphics, banner ads, and other secondary web assets
- Occasionally attend and participate in client meetings
- Occasionally create print-ready graphic design pieces such as business cards, brochures, print advertisements, posters, infographics, etc.
- Code and test HTML responsive emails that display correctly in common email clients
- Use content management systems in order to edit/create pages and assist other team members with adding/editing content in the CMS
- Other responsibilities as necessary
HOW TO APPLY
Please email us your resume and portfolio at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Remote applicants will be considered based on experience.