- Participate in the requirements definition process with Product Management, Tech, and other key stakeholders
- Work with engineering counterparts as needed to clarify requirements and solve design challenges
- Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, specifications, navigation maps, and other UI design documents
- Work with sales and marketing to create banner ads, microsites and other sales collateral
- User testing and A/B testing
- Excellent graphic design skills (Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with concepts including Atomic Web Design and Design Systems is a big plus
- Driven self-starter with an eagerness to learn and push yourself
- Experience with print a plus but not necessary
- An online portfolio of your work
Why you want this job:
- Your work matters. The design work you do here will have a direct impact on our bottom line and your opinions will help shape products used to make important decisions.
- Exposure. We have a high traffic site and each month your work will be seen by millions of people.
- Great work environment. You will have talented coworkers to learn from, keep sane hours, and have interesting projects to work on.
Work will be done on-site at our offices in the Georgetown area of Washington, DC.
The U.S. News UX/Design team plays a lead role in product development across the company. We take pride and ownership in our work and are passionate about creating solid, user centered design. Our ideal candidate will be able to contribute immediately and will both learn from us and teach us a few new things.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision and 401(k) plan.