The Web Developer is responsible for development and maintenance of Columbia Southern Education Group websites and affiliate websites. The Web Developer will work to maintain the general web presence and reputation of the university through development of primary and affiliate website pages, email campaigns and template strategies in addition to maintaining standards compliant coding and page structure. The Web Developer will also monitor website traffic, stability and efficiency for ideal site user experience and report to the Internet Marketing Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and development of university web pages with search engine optimization best practices and W3C standards compliancy.
- Assists with design of promotional and informational emails for current and prospective students & alumni.
- Design and develop templates for CMS applications.
- Basic web form development using PHP/ASP and form services (Wufoo).
- Monitor website traffic, stability and efficiency.
- All remote employees will be required to meet virtually on a weekly basis, with travel required to our Orange Beach, Alabama location every 3-4 months.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Web Development – Expertise with creating and deploying content and functionality (HTML/CSS/JS) for public-facing websites.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-side performance analysis and optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of WordPress and experience using a Content Management System.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to look at different types of information in order to make conclusions and work through problems.
- Time Management – Manages one’s own time to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Attention to Detail – Thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task ensuring all aspects are reviewed.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Selective Attention (Vigilance) - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to work independently
- Manages time appropriately to deliver completed projects within the timeframe set by the Assistant Director of Digital Media.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field from four-year college or university required.
- 2+ years of responsive, ideally mobile-first, development strongly preferred.
Works primarily within a climate controlled environment within an office setting mostly sedentary with frequent sitting, occasional walking and lifting, and frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Noise level is generally moderate.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Columbia Southern Education Group
Job Title: Web Developer
Reports To: Asst. Director of Digital Media
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (extended hours when requested)
Location: Orange Beach, Alabama with remote option