The Marketing team within University Relations is currently seeking a Full-time Regular Associate Director, Digital Experience .
In this role, the Associate Director, Digital Experience reports to the Senior Director, Marketing in University Relations, and is responsible for the development, implementation and effectiveness of university-wide digital marketing and communications platforms and technologies in support of the university’s goals. This person will lead the digital experience portfolio into the next phase in the evolution of UCalgary’s digital marketing and communications.
The Associate Director, Digital Experience leads a team of digital experience specialists to build and refine UCalgary’s digital platforms and supporting frameworks and processes to support user experience journeys and offers expertise in leveraging these platforms to achieve specific outcomes. The person in this position ensures that the university’s public-facing web presence is constantly evolving to deliver state-of-the-art experience, connecting to wider digital platforms and technologies as needed, and playing a critical role in converting key audiences while contributing to the overall marketing goals and objectives.
While the role does not require shift work, it is expected that the incumbent will engage in evening or early-morning activities as required from time to time in order to represent the interests of the position at key meetings, stakeholder consultations, and events.
- Strategic Planning
- Stakeholder Relations
- Project Execution
- Staff Management
- Financials And Reporting
Qualifications / Requirements:
The ideal person for this role is a professional with rich experience in the digital world, effective leadership style, and a personal passion for this area of rapid change and innovation. He/she should be able to solution around digital platforms including CMS, digital campaign management, personalization, targeting, digital analytics, mobile applications, etc. This person should always be looking to test new ideas and technologies with the objective of improving the user experience across all device types. The role requires an enthusiastic yet patient personal style that allows for effective counsel in a discipline that is often poorly understood by key stakeholders. It demands vision, planning, collaboration, technical fluency, experience with metrics and reporting, and creative thinking.
- A post-secondary degree in business, digital strategy, marketing, marketing communications, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in the digital marketing and communications field, preferably with some years with responsibility for supervising employees
- Proven ability to influence, lead and motivate others. Demonstrated ability to work with staff at all levels, under pressure and to tight deadlines, and to handle multiple priorities (in diverse subject areas) and competing deadlines
- Strong understanding of and experience with leveraging marketing opportunities in the digital domain, including campaign, process automation and customer relationship management tools
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to enable assessment of opportunities
- An entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to think differently and the fundamental desire to question everything would help in the growth and distinction of the university
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability in building and maintaining relationships, including a sincere commitment to working with and coaching constituent groups with varying levels of understanding of the digital space
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to translate technical concepts into simple language or visuals to assist understanding among campus colleagues and leaders
- Website management and development experience; ability to coach and guide people with these skill sets effectively.
- Experience at a digital agency will be an asset
- A strong understanding of multi-channel delivery
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, yet to work collaboratively where required in a complex organization
- Excellent project and time management skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a high attention to detail, and an ability to manage external vendors well
- Proficiency in Adobe CS/CC and basic web technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel, PowerPoint and other graphics and/or presentation software
- Asset: knowledge of issues facing the post-secondary education sector and a keen interest in acquiring knowledge on the latest developments in the field
- Assets: familiarity with the Drupal web platform or other open-source web platforms, PeopleSoft ERP, common email marketing and events management tools, and web analytics tools
Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.