University Communications is seeking a talented and collaborative Multimedia Designer to join our team. From creative, to content, to code, you will interact with other designers and copywriters to help shape the UConn story.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Marketing, the Multimedia Designer will collaborate in the strategy, conception, and design of University web sites, and print and digital marketing projects. The Multimedia Designer will be a key member of a growing University Communications team.
For full position details please go to: http://communications.uconn.edu/jobs/
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field, or equivalent experience and training;
- demonstrated ability to make content and design updates to websites using working knowledge of content management systems, HTML and CSS;
- ability to interact constructively with production team members, clients and print vendors;
- at least five years on-the-job experience in multimedia design or related field;
- evidence of creative ability and technical skills as demonstrated by portfolio.
- Experience with WordPress, In Design, Photo Shop, Adobe Creative Suite and Illustrator;
- experience using email marketing software;
- strategic marketing experience in a university and/or healthcare setting;
- ability to work independently and coordinate the work of others in bringing project to successful completion and work on multiple projects at one time;
- ability to collaborate with clients, meet deadlines and work both independently and in collaboration with others;
- ability to solve complex technical or design problems;
- knowledge of design and development of email marketing pieces, including testing to ensure deliverability.
This is a full-time (35 hrs/week) position at the Storrs Campus.
Please apply through UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu and submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and any portfolio links that support your resume.
Preference will be given to resumes received by 06/21/18.
No phone calls, e-mails, or faxes please. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.