Grow is looking for senior level developers interested in transitioning from coding, to leading and managing a team of developers. This role plays a key part in concepting, planning, and executing our interactive projects.
An expert-level understanding of both front-end and back-end is required. Successful candidates for this job will bring deep experience leading development teams, while building and sustaining productive lines of communication within Grow and to our clients.
- Lead development teams on assigned projects through all aspects of project executions including requirements gathering, solution architecture, coding and QA.
- Manage and provide direct support to 3-5 frontend developers including professional development, 1:1 meetings, and general guidance/advice.
- Serve as the primary technical contact to clients, developing timing and resource allocations, technical specifications, and scope of work documentation.
- Lead concept development with multidisciplinary teams of developers, creatives, and producers.
- Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion.
- Demonstrate excellence in technical skills. You are expected to be able to speak to any technical requirements concerned with a given project and set an example for the rest of the team.
- Define and maintain best practices in development, documentation, standards support, and QA.
- Work within the local and global development communities to promote Grow as a leader in the - digital field.
- This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, VA. Grow offers paid relocation and temporary housing for selected candidates.
Amazing clients and an inspiring environment come standard, but the best part is finding yourself among a close-knit group of 40+ incredibly talented and motivated colleagues. We’re part of a community of like-minded people in the Norfolk / Virginia Beach area who spend our time creating great work and building a culture around us—with lovely beaches, urban amenities, and family-friendly opportunities throughout the region.
You’ll start with a full month of paid vacation and holiday leave, including two weeks in which the company pauses operations—one at midsummer, and one at the holidays.
A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, disability, paid training, and more.