The product manager will work closely with the Center’s web development team to maintain and develop online tools for working- and moderate-income homeowners. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Communications, this full time exempt, staff person will work at the intersection of business, user experience, and technology.
Applying agile methods, the person will oversee strategy for the Center’s online products, assess product needs, create actionable plans, and work with the web development team on a daily basis to solve problems. Finally, the product manager will analyze data about the products to determine their success, recommend changes, and serve as a champion for the user.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set product strategy and vision, while being able to articulate business goals to the development team and across the Center.
- Define roadmaps for product releases, while engaging key stakeholders (communications, programs, leadership).
- Prioritize product features against strategic goals.
- Develop new ideas for future products that will serve homeowners.
- Champion the user throughout the development cycle.
- Analyze product performance to develop solutions.
- Test and deliver experiences with the customer in mind.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Passionate and fluent in current and emerging technologies
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to interpret data and trends using Google Analytics and other tools, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- Comfort managing concurrent projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
- Agile certification and/or experience working in an Agile product development methodology
- Understanding of and practice in design thinking and Lean processes.