Ozmo is a software company that builds products to solve all technology issues at scale. We build complex software that simplifies the support experience for consumers and support agents. Ozmo is seeking a product designer who is smart, curious, and loves the challenge of solving problems that improve people’s lives. You will collaborate with a fun and close-knit agile team to design, test, implement, and continuously iterate on new features and products for our customers.
What’s it like to work at Ozmo? We’re a growing technology startup with a history of delivering innovative solutions. Ozmonauts share a common goal of helping people around the world master complex technology and we do this by creating best-in-class software solutions. We are innovators and technology lovers. We stay up-to-date on all of the latest devices and possess a deep love for learning. Being an Ozmonaut means being a part of something bigger than yourself and always, without fail, being willing to help others.
As a product designer in our Blacksburg, VA office, you will tackle complex problems and work to help our users feel more confident using technology through our support products. You will be involved end-to-end in the design process including creation of design concepts, developing interactive prototypes, devising and conducting experiments, and delivering applications that create measured value for our users.
Great skills/traits to have as an Ozmo designer:
- End users first. You keep the end users first in your work but understand that different voices within our business contribute to priorities. You work to solve our unique problems in a way that’s best for the people using the product.
- Curious. You never forget there are people at the other end of the screen using our products. You love observing people and their habits. Empathy is one of your favorite words.
- Strategic problem-solver. You demonstrate and defend your process for arriving at design decisions. You never do something, “Because it looks good.”
- Team idea-tor. You don’t stop at the first idea that comes to you. You know how to pull together a cross-functional team and lead a productive ideation session.
- Creating prototypes. You can turn static wireframes and designs into interactive flows. You can scope and create prototypes for usability testing. You know showing is better than telling when it comes to UX. You like Framer and InvisionApp.
- Usability testing. You know how to plan, set up, execute, and analyze usability tests. You like rainbow spreadsheets and making popcorn to watch recordings. You’re familiar with remote testing tools like usertesting.com as well as conducting in-person tests.
- Designing in systems. You understand how design systems are built. You know when to follow and when to break established interaction patterns. You champion consistency, flexibility, and reuse. You like Atomic Design, pattern libraries, Sketch, and Zeplin.
- Code. You know enough about HTML, CSS, and front-end frameworks that you can communicate with engineers. You know how to get your designs rock solid before release. You’re not afraid to open the web inspector to get it right.
- Spread the design love. You champion design thinking in your company and help spread knowledge. You reinforce interest in maintaining a user-centric process.
Perspective. You bring your own perspective to the table. You don’t always just tell people what they want to hear. You have hobbies and interests outside of design that influence your style.
Smarty pants. You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Graphic Design, HCI, Visual Communication, UX Design, etc) or you have relevant agency or extensive UX and UI design experience.
- Experienced. You have at least 3 years experience designing responsive web apps, websites and design systems for a SasS product.
- Support. You have experience working with customer support systems and designing for customer support agents and support-seeking consumers.
- Agile. You have worked in an Agile environment before. You know things like sprints and Scrum.
- Researcher. You’ve had experience leading customer research and other open-ended research inquiries.
- Number-lover. You have experience crunching numbers and manipulating benchmark data. You understand how to track and interpret metrics so that they can influence product decisions.
- Mobile designer. You have some experience designing and launching Android and iOS apps.
This is an onsite position at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA. Ozmo offers relocation assistance for candidates and their families. Come learn why Blacksburg is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family and enjoy the outdoors.
You must be legally authorized to work in the US.