Our developers create industry-leading digital work for some of the most recognized brands on the planet. A successful candidate will bring a track record of constantly innovating and maintaining a broad knowledge of development principles, industry trends, and emerging technologies.
Expert-level knowledge of one or more system languages, database architecture, and Unix operating systems is required – experience working in an agency or project-driven environment is a plus.
- Develop back-end solutions for data-driven executions in web, mobile, and emerging technology. Projects including but not limited to API development, custom content management, front-end integration, image/video rendering, and other complex builds.
- Lead the way on project architecture and database structure while utilizing best practices in performance, stability, scalability and security.
- Contribute to concept development with multi-disciplinary teams of developers, creatives, and producers.
- Maintain proficiency in the widest possible range of back-end web development areas including Python, Java, shell scripting, database architecture, and Unix operating systems. Our front-end developers will lean on you to design API services, set up deployment servers, and more.
- Bonus points for knowledge of Redis, Gulp, Google Cloud Services (AppEngine, Compute Engine, Datastore, etc.), Android/iOS development, virtualization (e.g., Docker).
- This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, VA. Grow offers paid relocation and temporary housing for selected candidates.
Amazing clients and an inspiring environment come standard, but the best part is finding yourself among a close-knit group of 40+ incredibly talented and motivated colleagues.
We’re part of a community of like-minded people in the Norfolk / Virginia Beach area who spend our time creating great work and building a culture around us—with lovely beaches, urban amenities, and family-friendly opportunities throughout the region.
You’ll start with a full month of paid vacation and holiday leave, including two weeks in which the company pauses operations—one at midsummer, and one at the holidays. A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, disability, paid training, and more.