The Graphic Designer assists the marketing department in the creation of both printed and online marketing materials for Columbia Southern Education Group and its university marketing affiliates. He/she is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, designing and producing a wide range of marketing materials.
marketing department in the creation of both printed and online marketing materials for Columbia Southern Education Group and its university marketing affiliates. He/she is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, designing and producing a wide range of marketing materials.
Essential Job Tasks
- Complies to and reinforces brand standards for all Columbia Southern Education Group properties, including but not limited to, Columbia Southern University (CSU) and Waldorf University (WU)
- Creates visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate audiences
- Develops the overall layout and production design for advertisements, marketing collateral, publications, website and email graphics, landing pages, direct mail, storyboards, trade show displays, outdoor and promotional items.
- Readily takes on responsibilities/new tasks as necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Conceptual - demonstrates understanding of marketing objectives and directives; researches and identifies potential problems and develops visual solutions to support campaigns, collateral, and web properties;
- Printing - displays working knowledge of digital and offset printing processes and ability to prepare files for prepress; communicates print specifications accurately; acquires printing quotes, and coordinates fulfillment with print vendors; possesses basic knowledge of U.S. postal regulations as they pertain to direct mail
- Photography - exhibits general understanding of photographic processes;
- Innovation - displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
Education & Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communication from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of two years experience in graphic design required.
- Experience with HTML5, and/or CSS preferred but not required.
- Computer: Mac workstation
- Software: Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), Asana Project Management
Works primarily within a climate controlled environment within a cubicle setting mostly sedentary with frequent sitting, occasional walking and lifting, and frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Noise level is generally moderate.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Reports to: Senior Graphic Designer
Hours: Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (extended hours when requested)
Location: Orange Beach, AL