We are seeking an experienced designer to join our growing product design team. You’ll produce user-system workflows, product prototypes, and interface mockups while maintaining usability standards and industry best practices. As a designer at Chatham Financial, you’ll recognize that great design puts a premium on empathy and understanding a user’s needs over aesthetics.
As a member of our design team you will…
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills as you work with our product management, subject matter experts, marketing, and engineering teams.
- Build and analyze use cases and translate them into efficient workflows.
- Create storyboards, prototypes, and interface mockups to demonstrate product design ideas.
- Facilitate Design Sprints and workshops to answer critical business questions through design thinking, rapid prototyping, and testing ideas with customers.
- Establish design patterns as well as be an ambassador for best practices and usability standards across our suite of products.
- Use research and analytics to effectively communicate, present, and defend design concepts to stakeholders, and analyze and implement feedback with an open mind.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design (e.g., graphic, product, interaction, visual communications), human-computer interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years in user experience design or a related field.
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping concepts and fail-fast, iterative design thinking in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong design foundation in information hierarchy, color theory, typography,
- Experience with prototyping software such as Axure, Sketch and InVision, as well as
Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS as well as experience with dynamic stylesheet languages
such as Sass.
- Experience in responsive, device-agnostic design.
- Clean, minimalist, simplicity-first design sense.
- Strong leadership skills with possible past positions focused on art and creative direction.