Are you looking to help build out products that can have a positive, real-life impact on millions of people? At Zoosk, we have the tremendous and rewarding challenge of facilitating meaningful connections between over 40 million users worldwide and growing. Our users span 80 countries worldwide and exchange millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
To match the demands of our increasing user base, our Browser team is tackling unique challenges in scaling our Front-End architecture. As a member of Browser Engineering, you’ll help us optimize a substantial Angular codebase and build out a fully responsive Single Page Web Application that better serves our members and helps our Product team make better, faster decisions.
We’re looking for a sharp, smart, passionate team player to help us maintain and expand our applications further.
What you’ll do:
- Be technically responsible for the projects you take on and choose the best method or technology to make them successful.
- Collaborate with product managers to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones.
- Build new features and applications to better serve our users.
- Contribute to the Front-End by building and iterating on site-wide features and changes, discussing new technologies, patterns and tools, and maintaining best practices.
- Working closely with UI and UX designers to iterate on our customer experience.
What we’re looking for in you:
- You are a great communicator and are comfortable sharing your thoughts in writing and in-person.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- You have a very good grasp of Computer Science fundamentals - you know what a Collision in a Hashmap is, what the Builder pattern in OO is, and you can write a Ternary search function by yourself without searching for the solution in Stack Overflow.
- You work well on small teams and are equally comfortable on fast-paced and continuous deployment projects as you are working on large-scale initiatives.
It’s cool if you have:
- Experience with Node.js.
- CSS experience using Sass.
- Contributed to Open Source projects and have a showcase in your Github account.
Zoosk Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it.
While there is a lot to do, we also have a very open and collaborative culture and know how to have a lot of fun; frequent team and company outings, Hackathons, happy hour every Friday, daily catered lunches, health and wellness benefits, 401K matching, generous maternity/paternity leave policies, and flexible time off are just some of the ways we support our teams.
Zoosk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.