Trigger is looking to grow our web product development capacity. We’re looking for Full Stack JAM, LAMP/LEMP Developers who have an eye for design, are familiar with Sass, HTML5, and modern JS libraries, are passionate about their craft and are solutions-oriented. Above all, as a successful candidate, you have a passion for building. Building world-class products. Building our clients’ success. Building a career at Trigger - alongside an evolving group of talented, driven team members.
Why Work at Trigger?
- Build something great (as a part of a fast-paced development team)
- Flexible hours / Casual work environment
- Training Budget
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Beer Whistle Fridays (celebrate your weekly successes with the team each Friday)
- And much more – Check us out when you join us for your first interview
Trigger is a challenging, rewarding and fun work environment, where you’ll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry. We’re a performance-driven culture, looking for passionate, motivated, and talented individuals to help us exceed our clients’ expectations and provide an unparalleled customer experience. We foster a culture where our hard work achieves exceptional results and success together.
Summary of the Role:
- You develop products according to provided/agreed specifications.
- You implement requirements and change requests.
- You find and fix defects.
- You coordinate with the product owner, analyst or design team for clarification on requirements.
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience developing enterprise solutions using PHP (preferably MVC applications)
- Development experience with Angular and/or React JS, MySQL and web services
- DevOps experience within LAMP and/or LEMP Stacks and managing Linux/Unix based OS from the command line
- Demonstrated ability to recognize business needs, analyze requests, and develop solid code to meet product backlog requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and relentless attention to detail
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to provide estimates during sprint planning sessions, create weekly status reports, prioritize workload, and execute on assigned deliverables with minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter expects
- Strong implementation, documentation skills are required, including writing, interpreting, and communicating technical requirements
- Knowledge of software development coding structures and software lifecycle methodologies required
Your team relies on you to:
- Develop web applications from planning to design, architecting, coding, refactoring, testing and deployment
- Work across the entire stack from database (MySQL), backend (PHP) and the frontend (CSS, jQuery/JS, HTML) to server management (Linux, Apache, Nginx)
- Develop full-stack web technologies as part of our software product development team
- Troubleshoot issues
- Ensure code meets standards by living and breathing current best-practices
- Engage in QA-related activities
- Assist with Web Hosting, deployment automation, and DevOps optimization ideas
- Participate in daily stand-ups and collaborate with the team to accomplish sprint goals
- Offer solid interpersonal and communication skills with excellent fluency in English
- Communicate with Account managers and Technology Director to clarify system requirements and fine tune your deliverables to meet the expectations of the client
- Collaborate with teammates to analyze and creatively solve technical challenges with a goal of developing solutions that are robust and scalable
- Participate in (or conduct) code reviews
- Perform other technical duties as assigned
Your experience includes:
- 4+ years of web product development
- Freelancing or running your own web development projects from start to finish