Suits & Sandals is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our team in producing and managing websites and web apps for our diverse clients. We are a brand communications agency in Brooklyn, New York with services that include website/app design and development, creation of branding and messaging strategies, and research.
Our clients represent a vast range of industries including non-profits/NGOs, industrial manufacturing, financial technology, and entertainment. Our highly interdisciplinary and cooperative team includes designers, developers, content strategists, and project managers.
As a Senior Engineer, you would be part of our small and non-hierarchical development team where you will share both management and production responsibilities with other passionate engineers. You will work on a variety of projects switching between backend and frontend responsibilities. Projects tend to come in two varieties: informational websites based using either Craft CMS or Wordpress and web apps with the most common stack being Node on the server and React on the client side.
You will have some agency in deciding how you fit into each project in order to utilize your existing skills while learning new ones. You will assist the management team in planning the scope, budget, and timelines of projects. You will assist the operations team in monitoring the progress of projects and in implementing quality assurance testing. You will also be encouraged to conduct research with the goal of extending the capabilities of the development team.
Candidates must have:
- At least three years of experience
- Experience taking websites and web apps from initial planning to launch
- Experience planning and executing CMS solutions in Craft CMS or Wordpress
- An eye for detail in implementing designs
- An understanding of the following principles:
- Mobile first responsive designs/development
- Progressive enhancement
- Accessible frontend experiences
- Web Performance
- Experience with conducting QA for websites and webapps with a focus on:
- Design fidelity
- Code cleanliness
- Strong problem solving, technical writing, and communication skills
We are also looking for candidates with:
- Experience with React, Node.js, and other frameworks
- Experience managing other developers
- A basic to advanced understanding of design principals
- Experience with planning, budgeting, and scheduling projects
- Experience communicating with clients
- Experience with eccomerce frameworks such as Shopify, Woocomerce, or Craft Commerce
Suits & Sandals is an agency that prioritizes the well-being of our employees. We strive to promote a strong work-life balance through unlimited paid time off and by avoiding the need for overtime work. We have a strong company culture based in a mutual care for one another which is supported by monthly company outings. We believe that company culture is something that is created by shared interests without erasing what makes us different nor with a feeling of obligation.