The Web Developer is responsible for development and maintenance of Columbia Southern Education Group websites and affiliate websites.
The Web Developer will work to maintain the general web presence and reputation of the university through development of primary and affiliate website pages, email campaigns and template strategies in addition to maintaining standards compliant coding and page structure.
The Web Developer will also monitor website traffic, stability and efficiency for ideal site user experience and report to the Internet Marketing Manager.
Essential Job Tasks
- Maintenance and development of university web pages with search engine optimization best practices and W3C standards compliance.
- Assists with design and distribution of promotional and informational emails and student/alumni e-newsletter.
- Design and develop templates for CMS applications.
- Facilitate bulk email communications with students, leads, applicant and other contacts.
- Basic web form development using PHP/ASP and form services (Wufoo).
- Monitor website traffic, stability and efficiency.
- All remote employees will be required to meet virtually on a weekly basis, with travel required to our Orange Beach, Alabama location every 2-3 months.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field from four-year college or university required.
- 2+ years of responsive, ideally mobile-first, development strongly preferred.