Clinical Graphics is a software company and part of Zimmer Biomet, a globally leading player in products for orthopedic surgery. Clinical Graphics specializes in pre-operative planning and image segmentation software. For example, the Move Forward service provides custom-tailored interactive 3D bone models and patient specific range of motion simulations to orthopedic surgeons by analyzing medical scans of hip joints. Surgeons can see in 3D motion how well a joint moves, and what the effects of surgery may potentially be. Have a look:
Reporting to the Project Manager, the candidate will be based in the Clinical Graphics team (Delft). As a UX Designer at Clinical Graphics you will be responsible for designing user-friendly software.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather inputs from users and stakeholders (based on business objectives and technical capabilities)
- Creation of UX outputs (user personas, user journeys, user process flows, wireframes/sketches/prototypes, etc)
- Conduct workshops & brainstorming sessions with team members or with users to define design direction and concepts
- Validate prototypes through formative and summative usability tests with surgeons
- Creation & maintenance of Design History Files (DHF) through the product life cycle
- Creation and maintenance of Design and Development Plans
- Determining and documenting the User Needs and Design Inputs
- Performing Design Verification and Design Validation activities and documenting evidence from those activities
- Represent the voice of the user toward the software development team
Expected Areas of Competence
- Experienced and up to date with UX design methods and tools
- Full working knowledge of and moderate level of experience with new product development and maintenance of existing products
- Shows ability to balance Product Management, Software Development and Design requirements to meet project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to methodically investigate, determine appropriate solution and resolve problems using current technology
- Professional, concise, tactful and sensitive in communications. Accomplishes objectives when communicating with internal personnel, and external customers and vendors.
- Minimum B.S. degree in one of the following engineering disciplines, 3-5 years of experience: Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Medical device, particularly Orthopedic industry, experience preferred
- English (business fluent); Dutch (business fluent preferred)
Up to 10% international travel will be required, including weekend travel.
You can apply via the “Apply” button.