Do you enjoy teamwork, sharing a vision and solving problems using creative thinking? If so you will enjoy ASML. It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth, especially when you are a true self-starter, and like making contact with different disciplines at different levels. Within ASML the Sector Development & Engineering (DE) is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. The department ED EUV DE LLCP supplies resources, means and methods, and technology to deliver the specification, design, integration and validation of the (CO2) Laser system which is a key part of the new EUV Source. The laser light focused on a Sn target in order to generate EUV. The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE LLCP SF-15 Performance group manager.
As an ASML Design Engineer in the ED EUV DE LLCP department you will be a key player in a very fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment. Primarily you will be involved in the realization and performance analysis of the high power (CO2) Laser –based optical System. In your work you will be cooperating with other disciplines and suppliers where it is expected that you will attend meetings to discuss design aspects, analyze system problems, and support and plan issue resolution with peers. You will be able to present your findings and your results to management. Finally you get the chance and you are encouraged to integrate with the dynamic and diverse ASML community: and you will interact daily with 4,000 like-minded professionals. At the ASML ED EUV DE LLCP department, a little flexibility and commitment can go a long, long way.
- You will be a member of the S3 SF15 Performance Integration team and will play a key role to bring the CO2 system performance to the required specification. Main -Responsibilities:
- (Data) Analyze the CO2 system to validate if the system performs up to specification.
- Troubleshoot the CO2 system to determine the root cause when system does not performing up to specification.
- Define tests to determine CO2 system performance or to obtain additional data to find root causes.
- Document tests and investigations according to ASML guidelines
- Define CO2 system in-line (or off-line) diagnostics tests and integrate them on the system.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders of the team
- Archive and train away the buildup knowledge that you obtain to colleagues, factory and field support teams.
MSc or PhD Physics with focus on physics (plasma, control and optics)
- Several years’ experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, preferably within ASML.
- Knowledge of the EUV source is a preferred.
- Experience with laser systems, optical modules and data analysis is a pro.
- Knowledge in data analysis methods with MATLAB is a great advantage.
- Experience in the definition and integration of functional tests is welcome but not required.
- Hands-on operating skills on the ASML EUV source is a great advantage
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of laser, physical and optical phenomena.
- The ability to specify, design, analyze and evaluate systems using industry standard methods and tools.
- Strong self-propelling behavior.
- The ability to perform under stress to achieve short term goals.
- Flexible in work schedule when troubleshooting and test execution may demand this.
- Willing to fly to customers with performance issues a few times per year.
- Good (English) communication skills in technical interactions.
- Good analytical skills and drive for quality.
- Used to take initiative to reach difficult goals.
- As for all ASML functions, the team player skills are essential
You can apply via the ‘Apply’ button.