Our vision is DRIVING - AS SIMPLE AS LISTENING TO MUSIC.
Cluno is a new, flexible mobility concept: a digital car subscription. Car subscription works for anyone who wants to get around in his or her own car. We think all car-related processes completely digital and innovative. By this we help our customers finding the right mobility solution for their current life and needs and thus become their permanent partner. We work every day to make driving and changing cars as easy and convenient as possible. In order to meet this challenge, we are constantly looking for new talents who accompany us on our journey and strengthen our team.
To strengthen our growing data department currently consisting of six people, we are looking for you at our Munich location as a
Data Engineer (m/f/d) to extent our cloud-based Data Platform
at the earliest possible date | permanent employment | full-time employment
An exciting task awaits you with us
As a Data Engineer (m/f/d) you will have the chance to become part of a fast-growing team in an early stage. You will improve and extend the current Data Platform in AWS that enables other teams to make data-based decisions based on that. You will also build Data Products in cross-functional teams together with Software Engineers and Data Scientists in order to automate operative processes backed up with intelligent algorithms which allow the company to grow in a scalable way. Thereby you will have to handle big and small datasets, structured and unstructured data as well as batch and streaming processes. Your tasks in detail:
- Create and develop a scalable and cloud-based Data platform
- Develop resilient and performant data architectures in order to make life easier for the internal key users of our data
- Shape an AWS based distributed stream and batch processing solution
- Provide tools and advice for data ingestion, processing and analysis to empower our teams in gaining valuable Insights
- Ensure high flexibility by implementing Microservices in our architecture
- Overtake responsibility in your domain
- Living Agile: Frequent development cycles, Continuous Delivery and DevOps
That’s what Cluno is all about
- Your impact: With your expertise and commitment you actively shape our growth.
- Teamwork: Flexible, pragmatic, professional and solution-oriented; we have a great atmosphere - both at work and at our company events; we are currently over 60 experts and our team continues to grow.
- Stable environment: Start up and solidly positioned; for our three founders, Cluno is already the second successful start-up; German and American investors have invested a total of over $36 million in us in one year.
- Our office: Centrally located in Munich at Leuchtenbergring; here we offer you fruit and drinks for free and we have our own canteen and coffee bars in-house. The highlight is our roof terrace with a view of the Alps.
- Benefits: e.g. subsidy for the MVV ticket or employee discount for our Cluno Auto subscription.
You bring this with you as Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong professional work experience with Big Data environment and in the cloud (e.g. Hadoop, AWS, EMR) as well as with Python, Java or Scala
- Deep understanding of approaches to data storage (RDMBS, NOSQL databases, OLAP), proficiency with SQL
- Experienced with Streaming Tools (e.g. Kinesis, Kafka)
- Familiarity with complex software systems and Microservice architectures
- Practice in Clean Code and Test Driven Development
- Logical and analytical thinking in combination with a high degree of data quality
- Communication and presentation skills
- Conscientious and autonomous working and also being a team player
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies
Sounds exciting? Then please send your application via the ‘Apply’ button with your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations to Veronika Hotz. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Want to find out more?