Build and improve a product that helps companies attract more qualified applicants, using a data-driven recommendation engine, that’s what Engineering at VONQ does. We are a growing organization in the transition to a software-driven business, and YOU can make an impact on that! You are a true PHP expert and you get excited when it comes to practices such as domain driven design, event sourcing & CQRS. Sounds like you? Apply now at VONQ for the position of Senior Software Engineer in Rotterdam!
Senior PHP Developer
Rotterdam, 32-40 hr, ASAP
Your every day in a nutshell
You start your day with your colleagues around the team board discussing what the goal for today should be. It seems that having the backend endpoint ready for the new API is tops, so you get down to it.
After a small design conversation, it’s clear that some refactoring needs to happen, as our understanding of the problem improved. No worries! You’re ready to pair up and have that PR before lunch.
In the afternoon you have a one-on-one with the CTO, Bart, and you discuss to which industry-related event you’d like to go next. Perhaps you dare to give a presentation this time?
After that, you get to check some Pull Requests made by your colleagues and before the day ends, that endpoint is building, deploying and sending the right metrics! Today’s been a good day, now ready to go home.
How you get the job done
- PHP is your native language and you use Symfony, MySQL and Elasticsearch
- You’ll work in a multidisciplinary team: pairing, code reviews and giving/receiving feedback is something you’ll do regularly
- Your job includes more than only coding, that’s why you’ll work closely together with the Product Manager & Business stakeholders to actually give direction to the things you build
- Since you get a lot of space and freedom for new initiatives, you turn good ideas into actions. For example, improving or implementing things you find important or interesting on the spot!
You will be part of an international and experienced Engineering department consisting of Frontend- and Backend Developers, Data- and DevOps Engineers, an Agile Coach and a CTO.
What our perfect picture looks like
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all, we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done! Furthermore, we think you need:
- 5+ year working experience as a PHP expert and an Agile mindset
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with practices such as Domain Driven Design, Test-driven Development, Continuous- Integration, Deployment & Delivery
- Excellent English communication skills
- A passion for software architecture & craftsmanship
- Experience with event sourcing and CQRS
- Experience with Symfony and Elasticsearch
- Experience with REST API design and API based business
- Experience as Scrum Master or team lead
There is more! We offer:
- A good salary and 8% holiday allowance
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited (paid!) holidays
- Pension contribution
- Time and budget for training, and more!
Oh, and we have legendary company outings, beers on Friday and a lot of FUN!
Are you ready to make an impact and build together with us on a dream product for recruitment marketing? We can’t wait for your application! Apply for Senior Software Engineer at VONQ in Rotterdam by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Questions? You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Agencies hold your horses: unsolicited CV’s are dropped by our SPAM filters.