A role that counts: contribute to developing innovative software that improves, prolongs and even saves the lives of cancer patients
Elekta is the global leading innovator of equipment and software designed to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. In the Netherlands we constantly work to innovate and improve equipment and software for brachytherapy, a means of delivering High Dose Rate radiotherapy to the tumor accurately. What could be more satisfying than playing a key role in this effort by helping us to develop and perfect the groundbreaking software that makes it all possible?
Software Engineer .Net C++ Azure DevOps Veenendaal, 40 hours a week
This position operates at the forefront of cancer treatment technology within a truly dynamic and open environment in which everyone is expected to proactively identify and act on opportunities for improvement. As such, it represents and exciting new journey for candidates who are ambitious, enthusiastic, conscientious and eager to learn.
Working as a valued member of a small team you are fully involved with a wide-range of activities:
- Definition of software requirements and development, including design, implementation, unit/sub-system testing, integration and bug fixing;
- Risk assessments and root cause analysis;
- Quality control including technical documentation;
- A commitment to contribute to our continuous improvement program.
Teamwork and personal responsibility
At all times you act as a true team player who can also work independently, anticipating the needs and wishes of (internal) stakeholders and making a significant contribution to joint results. Within this process you respond proactively if results are sometimes disappointing, motivating yourself and others to overcome problems and find another – better – way.
Accuracy and systems experience
Elekta operates within the medical sector in which all products must be fully validated before they are released. As such, it is essential that you able to work meticulously and with a relentless focus on quality, accuracy and details. When it comes to the treatment of cancer patients, the software must be of high quality.
We also ask you to bring:
- Between two and five years of relevant work experience;
- Powerful analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A broad knowledge of design patterns and software architecture as well as automated test and development systems;
- Demonstrable experience with .NET and Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of systems such as: Microsoft Visual Studio, C++, MFC, C # and WPF, ASP .NETCore, Microservices Architecture, BPMN, RESTful APIs or Messaging (RabbitMQ), Containers/orchestration (Docker, Docker Swarm) is an advantage;
- The strong writing, speaking and listening skills necessary to communicate clearly, in English and preferably also in Dutch.
An attractive offer from a great organization
Elekta is a forward-thinking international organization that is fully focused on the well-being of our employees. You will enjoy a flexible working atmosphere with informal structures, along with the knowledge that you are contributing to the improvement of cancer treatments. Further benefits include:
- A permanent contract and a competitive salary that matches your experience
- Profit-sharing arrangement: max 16% on a yearly basis (9% average in recent years);
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days per year;
- Travel allowance for home-work travel;
- Tax-advantageous fitness package;
- Good company restaurant and regular opportunities to socialize within the company.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact Frits de Vries, Head of Engineering Brachy Solutions for more information about this position, phone number +31 0318 557351 To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Elekta is proud to be the leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. Our advanced, effective solutions are created in collaboration with customers, and more than 6,000 hospitals worldwide rely on Elekta technology. Our treatment solutions and oncology informatics portfolios are designed to enhance the delivery of radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, and to drive cost efficiency in clinical workflows. Elekta employs 3,600 people around the world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Elekta is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm. www.elekta.com.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.