We’re looking for a passionate leader to help us build and grow our in-house design team. We work with a global community of circular economy pioneers who share a vision to build a more positive and regenerative economy. You will be collaborating with a team designing products, services and experiences that inspire and support this community to apply these ideas. Your work here will help us to reach a global audience, ensuring a high bar of quality for design and a focus on solving user needs. Design is playing an essential role in the Foundation as we look to push the boundaries of our designs and be experimental in our approach.
You will be leading the Digital Design function, inspiring and mentoring the team whilst playing a hands-on role yourself. This role requires a people-person who is comfortable leading and mentoring a small team of designers. You will be working to establish and nurture a growing UI and UX practice and championing the end-to-end design process from concept to final delivery, creating inspiring journeys for our users, whilst shaping collaborative working practices.
- Strong background in UX/product design coupled with experience of working with user personas and segmentations and defining customer journeys, requirements and use cases. You’ll have a well-honed sense for what makes a great user experience and be able to demonstrate this.
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating best-practice design solutions across a range of projects, and exceptional visual polish – from wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes. Exceptional knowledge and experience of the full range of digital design, its implementation and development.
- Experience managing designers and passionate about developing designers’ skills and careers.
- Well-versed in the end-to-end design process from concept to final delivery. You care about design all the way from a strategic level down to design details and getting the pixels right.
- Able to influence at all levels of an organisation and challenge as appropriate.
- Experience in prototyping, establishing design systems and evidence of early stage design thinking.
- Experienced in Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch (essential) and InVision Studio / Adobe XD (desirable), InVision and other prominent prototyping tools. HTML and front-end coding experience, an advantage.