We created CareerFoundry to help others build their careers while maintaining personal freedom and flexibility. Our 100% online, flexible, Mentor-driven courses are setting the standard for globally accessible technical education. Through our online programs, expert Mentors and Tutors bring students from complete beginners to junior UI designers in 8 months.
We are looking for experienced and passionate UI designers all over the world to join our pool of experts and help define the next generation of design talent by educating and empowering students across the globe.
Our global pool of over 200 Mentors and Tutors in the web development, UX design, and UI design fields has grown to include freelancers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and agency directors who passionately guide, motivate, and empower our students to create new careers in the tech industry. We are constantly searching for more teaching enthusiasts like you to join us.
We are specifically looking for EU and EU adjacent based candidates who can take on our students completing their course through the German Unemployment Agency (AfA).
Mentoring and Tutoring with CareerFoundry is more than teaching. It is inspiring newcomers to the field to build, to problem solve, to think like a UI designer, and to increase their value as professionals. With their expertise from the field, Mentors and Tutors provide guidance and encouragement to their students each step of the way, from sketching their first user flow, to producing working prototypes.
Based on your application and experience, we will make a decision on whether the Tutor or Mentor role is the perfect fit for you.
With their expertise from the field, Tutors work with Mentors to provide guidance and encouragement to their students each step of the way. To do this, Tutors provide feedback and constructive criticism on submissions, help students understand the lessons, and ask and answer questions about the materials to deepen their understanding of the core concepts. You’ll be:
- Regularly reviewing student projects submitted through the CareerFoundry platform
- Portfolio reviews and checking for fundamental understanding of concepts
- Working alongside a Mentor (who has 8+ years of experience)
- Suggesting supplemental learning materials and personal insights in areas where students are struggling
- Responding to students within 12 -24 hours
Most students will be beginners, looking not only for help and experience to master the necessary skills, but also inspiration and motivation to keep them focused along the way. You’re their link and point of entry into their new industry, so they want to hear that they’ll be able to make it (if they put in the work, of course).
Mentors review students work on a regular basis with a view to how it would fit into an industry-ready portfolio. Additionally, they book one-on-one video calls to help prepare students for their entry into this new industry. They’re going to want to know how you got your start, how you network, how you decide which companies and roles to go for, and much more! Your role will involve:
- Reviewing student achievements via 15 minute video reviews.
- Skype calls advising the student on career success (portfolio, CV preparation and interview skills)
- Working alongside a Tutor
- Responding to students within 48 hours
To succeed as a Mentor or Tutor, you need to have a real drive to pass on your secrets for success to the next generation of design talent.
- 2+ years of professional UI Design experience
- Assigned students depending on how many you can take on
- In depth knowledge of industry best practices
- Friendly personality and a strong desire to help other
- Any previous teaching or mentoring experience is a definite plus
- You have 8+ years’ experience in UI Design, with a demonstrable track record showcasing your work for a variety of clients and companies.
- A first class portfolio with rock solid, relevant references to back it up.
- Ideally, you will already have gained experience in teaching or you have the right attitude and skills for it: you have time and patience for beginners and a strong desire to guide people along their career path in this field, with knowledge of the latest design tools, a broad network of experts in the field and an in-depth understanding of industry practices.
What’s In It For You:
- Flexible and mobile – work from anywhere with an internet connection
- Educational – deepen your own knowledge of UX design by teaching it to others, plus work alongside a mentor who will also assist with your own professional development
- Fulfilling – directly impact students’ personal growth, and help them succeed in their goals
- Résumé gold – mentoring and teaching experience is highly sought after by employers everywhere
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.