In this position, you will provide excellent customer service in the support of improving, maintaining and running enterprise systems and platforms. This work will allow the Infrastructure & Platform Services team to maintain the high level of uptime and stability required for services that impact all of campus and data center operations. Come help us make an impact on the future of Cal Poly and our graduates.
- Knowledge of and expertise in enterprise level infrastructure and platform services such as Monitoring, CI/CD, Configuration Management, SANs and OS Deployment Automation.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and working with complex enterprise AWS and VMware environments.
- Knowledge of and experience with automation languages (e.g. Bash, Python, PowerShell).
- Demonstrated ability with installing and using system configuration and CI/CD tools in a large-scale enterprise DevOps environments (e.g. MS SCCM, MDM, Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Jenkins).
- Comprehensive experience with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems and demonstrated experience using current support and management practices, including experience with backup/restore, system maintenance, configuration management, network optimization and security.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience.
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for up to two years of the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $70,000 - $85,000 per year
Classification Range: $52,464 - $129,504 per year
Known for its Learn by Doing pedagogy, Cal Poly is the flagship of the world-renowned California State University system. Annually recognized as one of the top public universities in the nation, Cal Poly continues to offer an academic curriculum based on learned experience gained through real-world practice. Located in San Luis Obispo, Cal Poly is nestled comfortably among the coastal foothills, minutes from the Pacific Ocean and equidistant to the Bay Area and Los Angeles.
Cal Poly offers a best-in-class benefits program, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement participation in the Public Employees’ Retirement System, and educational benefits for eligible employees. See our https://afd.calpoly.edu/hr/benefits/ for additional information.
At Cal Poly, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly’s values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly’s commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Poly is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with Cal Poly. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Cal Poly has designated as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be “Designated” under California State University’s Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter.
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo is not a sponsoring agency for staff positions (i.e. H1-B visas).
Requisition Number: 493687
All applicants must apply online at: https://apptrkr.com/1619450.
Cal Poly is a nationally ranked, four-year, comprehensive public university. Founded in 1901, the 6,000-acre campus is nestled in the foothills of San Luis Obispo, along California’s scenic central coast and midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. With a budget of $168.5 million, the university has a student enrollment exceeding 17,000 students and employs more than 2,000 faculty and staff members. Cal Poly is part of the 23-campus California State University system.