E Source, located in Boulder, Colorado, provides independent research, information, advisory, and consulting services to utilities and other key players in the energy marketplace. Our mission is to increase the effectiveness of our members operations, programs, and customer relationships.
E Source is looking for an energetic, passionate, and experienced Senior UI Designer/Developer who will manage the front-end display layer for all E Source products. This person will also be responsible for reviewing templates, applications, and tools for conformity with house and company style, standards, and formatting.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Design and develop the user interface for our website and tools using best practices and patterns
- Perform front-end development and/or user interface design in a Drupal LAMP stack environment and a React front end
- Develop and maintain CSS across various tools and products
- Analyze customer, business, and product needs and requirements
- Create layouts, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Create user stories, use cases, and acceptance criteria
- Define product user experience and process flows
- Collaborate effectively with team members, product owners, and other project stakeholders
- Mentor and coach other team members on front end design and development best practices
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based UI/UX design and development best practices
- Establish and document UI visual design standards and patterns for common usage across all E Source products to achieve an integrated and consistent experience
- Educate and guide product owners and other stakeholders on UX, co-creation, and the time, effort, and assistance needed from them to help build exceptional products for our customers
- Manage your time across multiple projects; provide sound time and level-of-effort estimates using an Agile methodology
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve results in all areas; work to continuously improve in all areas
- Manage the design of web pages and front-end development of our website and tools
- Oversee project lifecycles from conceptualization through delivery
- Oversee site usability testing
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
- Manage departmental performance measures, including KPIs, and provide regular progress reports to leadership
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Director of Software Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (such as web, interactive, or graphic design or computer science) preferable, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in front-end web or application design and/or development
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates intelligent problem-solving through solid, usable interface designs for websites and/or web-based applications
- Experience with front-end frameworks, such as Bootstrap
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors, such as SASS
- Clear examples of work that show a design system; for example, consistent use of templates, grid, typography, iconography, and color
- Strong prototyping and presentation skills
- Know how to solve cross-browser and device compatibility issues
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and general practices
- Knowledge of software version-control systems and branched development environments; familiarity with Git a plus
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work professionally with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Be open to feedback and working collaboratively. Is passionate about continuous learning and sees mistakes as a part of learning.
- Ability to scope, plan, and document projects
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
In addition to competitive salaries and benefits, E Source offers an energized, upbeat work environment. Our business culture rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
E Source is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.