Beggars Group is looking for a Junior Web Developer/Designer consultant for a three-month contract assignment. The Junior Web Developer/Designer consultant will play a key role in the creation and maintenance of a variety of web-based properties supporting our artists across all of the labels within Beggars Group. We’re looking for someone with strong foundational knowledge of front-end coding, who’s passionate about our music and has the ability to cohesively translate our artists’ visions across web and social media formats.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create Wordpress sites from scratch while overseeing and managing theme additions and edits across all labels’ artists’ websites
- Manage inbound content edit requests on sites with no CMS (eg. artists pages)
- Ability to create thought-provoking assets for social media (eg Instagram layouts, snapchat filters, etc.)
- Take existing materials and assets (packaging and other marketing web-specific materials and translate into a cohesive web-based design for websites and other web properties
- Support Marketing department with all web-based create and development initiatives for label projects
- Prepare mock-ups, work examples for US marketing meetings/presentations
- Own the development and set-up of marketing mailing lists: develop templates design/builds, manage list audits and new user set ups, and serve as the point of contact for any issues (owns Sendy platform)
- Assist the labels and group departments with ad hoc general web-development requests and provide best practice guidance as when/necessary
- Participate in weekly label marketing meetings, offering creative input with respect to web-based development and design
- Work closely with US Product Management team and respective artists/ managers directly, fielding inbound feedback and proactively managing communication of status updates and necessary input.
- Support the Director, Web Development & Marketing in managing calendar of web-specific projects timelines.
- Maintain well-structured and coherent code repositories on Github on behalf of the group and labels.
- Liaise with IT department to flag potential system upgrades and proactively communicate IT/web-specific system changes impacting US teams to a non-tech literate audience
- Supports initiatives related to e-commerce business (webstores) by identifying potential capabilities with upgrade while supporting in the design of webstore platforms and e-commerce sites by providing recommendations and working cross-functionally to deliver features and layout improvements as necessary.
Requirements and skills:
- 2-3 years of experience
- Ability to work autonomously exhibiting high level of taste in design that reflects artist and campaign visions/direction
- Prior experience working in the music industry (bonus points if you’ve worked with a band or artists in developing their website)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Good photoshop skills, (Illustrator/Sketch/InDesign an advantage)
- Good semantic XHTML/HTML5, CSS, jquery (any other languages/frameworks a bonus)
- Familiarity with indesign
- Ability to multitask and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with version control
- Familiarity with product photography
- Demonstrated coding ability is a requirement!
Kindly send applications to email@example.com with “Web Development” in the subject. Please note, all applications must include a cover letter, resume and links to examples of your work.
Beggars Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.