Are you a great Software Engineer? Do you like working on technology problems which impact people on a global scale? Would you like to work on complex problems that help users find and utilize solutions in Office? If your passionate about having our users have the best Office experience and you like working across both consumers and enterprises for PCs, tablets, and phones then maybe the Office OMEX team has the right job for you.
As the industry undergoes a profound transition to services and devices, we are at the heart of re-inventing how Office is delivered and maintained for consumers and enterprises. Office is one of the biggest platforms on the planet, we are looking for engineers who are passionate about ensuring that our users enjoy the latest and greatest Office version. This requires great strategic and creative thinking as well as an ability to understand the customer, technology, challenges and opportunities. Our O365 OMEX (Office Modernization Experiences) team are looking for a great Software Engineer to drive and define this transition & foster an engineering culture that has customer-centered services & releases as part of its core DNA.
What you will be responsible for:
- Working in a combined engineering organization to drive design, development, testing and release of client/services that enhances customer experiences
- Helping evolve development guidelines, practices & principles for a world where client and services development & delivery is moving faster than ever
- Designing resilient, scalable and easily maintainable software
- Fostering a data driven approach to everything we do
To be successful in this role, you’ll probably have:
- Object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns
- Strong coding skills in C# or other object-oriented languages.
- 4+ years of industry experience designing, building, testing & shipping software
- Strong problem solving skills and are comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to handle competing priorities in fast paced environment
- A natural passion & drive to lead by example
- An ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Here’s what we will provide for the right candidate:
- Opportunity to make an impact on our changing business
- New engineering challenges to grow and enhance your skills
- Be part of a team that is defining and building great products that are used by millions of people
- Level of ownership and autonomy via a role that enables you to have strategic impact
- A very competitive package commensurate with a role of this caliber and impact. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
Apply now via the ‘Apply’ button.
We would like to welcome you in an international working environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. Microsoft ensures your work-life-balance, offers attractive salary packages and bonus programs and a modern office, which combines innovative technics with design.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.