Our team is responsible for the desktop platform that enables Microsoft Teams and several other Microsoft Products. We are at the forefront of Desktop development in Microsoft, focusing on delivering a modern Desktop experience using a combination of Electron and web technologies. Hundreds of millions of individuals and businesses rely on us to do more and achieve more.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to work at the intersection of web and desktop development.
- Write high quality code using TypeScript and C++
- Help to get Teams working on new desktop platforms
- Investigate and fix very complex bugs
- Work with the Electron open source community
- Collaborate with a large team of amazing developers across the world
- Guarantee quality by writing automated tests at every level (unit, integration and UI)
- Have the opportunity to participate in local and global Hackathons
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 5+ years of software development experience building server/service applications
- Strong problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
- Experience in developing complex, large scale software in C++, C# or equivalent languages -Proficiency in Data Structures and Algorithms is a must
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of delivering products, features and functionality on time, at extremely high quality
- Self-driven, pro-active, results-oriented and ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to work closely with team members to collaborate on innovative solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and prioritize issues
- Ability to perform network-level debugging across multiple components / services
- Comfortable writing tests as they write code: we aim for quality and stability in finite increments
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technology areas
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits And Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Ready To Get Started?
We are happy to receive your application through the “Apply” button below!