Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products at Microsoft?
Then look no further than Microsoft Teams. You will be building solutions that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver the next evolution in collaboration and teamwork.
Among other things, the Fundamentals Team is responsible for ensuring that our users have a fast and fluid experience with the Teams app - from the moment they launch the app to every click, scroll and action they perform. As a member of this team you will collaborate with developers from across the organization and influence the design/implementation of pretty much every feature that ships. This team offers a unique 360o view of Teams Engineering and the opportunity to influence all of it – you will be at the center of the action!
Within the Fundamentals Team, your team will be responsible for optimizing performance and memory of the Teams app as well as developing tools and gates. This role offers the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of how browsers work.
A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Key attributes are the ability to research and solve problems, develop quick prototypes, communicate across the organization, and drive action with data.
- Able to assimilate diverse opinions (from devs, PMs, designers, leadership) and negotiate solutions that work for the customer as well as the organization.
- Contribute to the execution and delivery of your commitments. This will include designing, coding, reviewing etc.
- 2+ years of experience developing and shipping software products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Have a good understanding of all aspects of the software development process with experience shipping professional grade software.
- Be an effective communicator with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams across geographies
- Have a passion for customers and product quality
- Prior experience in performance/memory is a plus
- Experience with React or similar modern UI libraries desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Ready to get started?
We are happy to receive your application through the “Apply” button!