Fugue is looking for a creative frontend designer/developer who enjoys the full process of taking a design from concept to completion, including establishing requirements, building prototypes, and working with a team to implement the final product. If you are someone who can’t quite decide between design and development, then this might be the opening for you. Seriously, we know you’re out there. Several of us here at Fugue find ourselves in this very position, in fact. If you’re curious to learn more, please reach out!
Fugue builds next-generation cloud security tools for engineers that secure their cloud infrastructure by continuously monitoring and reporting on any misconfigurations and security vulnerabilities. Our SaaS application includes an interactive, WebGL-based visualization that helps engineers understand what cloud resources exist and how they connect.
We have a set of cultural principles that guide how we work. Please take a look at the 5Cs on our careers page and see if they resonate with you.
Fugue is a fully remote company with two offices in the Washington, DC area and employees worldwide. This position is remote friendly, with a preference for US time zones.
As a Frontend Designer and Developer at Fugue you will:
- Design and build new aspects of our user interface, guided by user and product management input
- Implement your designs in React alongside our team of frontend and backend engineers
- Look for opportunities to make our application more intuitive and fun to use
- Help review user feedback and factor that into updated designs and new features
- Keep in mind that continuous improvement and being responsive is the aim, rather than perfection
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience designing and building web UIs as part of a product team
- Proficiency working with wireframing and prototyping software (we use Figma)
- A great eye for color, typography, and spacing (8-point grid users)
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator (or similar)
- Experience with HTML, ES6, and CSS (we use a lot of flexbox)
- Proficiency with React, VueJS, or Angular
- An understanding of modular design and programming concepts
At Fugue we offer competitive compensation, a highly collaborative culture, and a great healthcare plan. Our flexible leave policy and respect for people’s time out of the office helps us maintain work-life balance. We have an established history of supporting remote work and we use our cultural principles to help guide our collaboration, be it remote or in person.
At Fugue we believe that the only way to build a successful company is by building a diverse team of talented, smart, empathetic individuals. Whether or not the government provides protection, we are deeply committed to equal opportunity. Here’s the standard EEO statement—know that we do not discriminate and vigorously hold to a credo well beyond its requirements:
Fugue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Fugue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.