Act as a hands-on developer and chief technological expert for MIT SMR and implement its digital priorities. Will perform development tasks and troubleshooting, ensure security and maintenance of digital platforms, manage contract developers and cross-functional teams, support SMR’s revenue and content goals through digital projects, oversee SMR’s digital platforms (website, mobile, e-reader, and others), set and report on digital metrics, and identify trends and upcoming new technologies that present significant opportunities for SMR to achieve its strategic goals.
- a bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- at least five years’ experience managing digital platforms, preferably in a publishing environment;
- demonstrated experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders;
- expertise in the digital content marketplace; advanced-level skills using WordPress, Git, PHP, and front-end web technologies (JS, CSS, preprocessors);
- and knowledge of PHP web stack apps and awareness of emerging web technologies (headless WP via Laravel, React, etc.).
Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment; listen to diverse content, business, and production requirements and devise integrated solutions; manage client relationships internally and externally; educate and explain technical issues to nontechnical staff or external providers; and manage conflict around competing goals and time pressures.