Convit is a Cologne-based IT start-up founded in 2015. As a strategic implementation partner, we develop and implement applications and automated processes for the media industry in renowned media companies. Our portfolio includes solutions based on technologies from the fields of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence as well as modern architectural approaches (microservices, micro frontends). With our applications, we use AI to increase the attractiveness and reach of journalistic content, optimise data-driven and automated editorial workflows and develop digital assistants for broadcasters and publishers. In the development of our sophisticated products, we rely on our agile team, consisting of software developers, architects, UX designers and professionals from the field of artificial intelligence.
You have come to the right place if…
- You love TypeScript and are not afraid of CSS (Sass)
- You are familiar with React and WebComponents are not new territory for you
Working at Convit
In our still young but ambitious team, you have the unique opportunity to help shape our front end development and architecture. We work together on our projects and solutions in dynamic, self-organised teams and like to try things and keep up to date with new trends. Our front ends are not just simple websites, but extensive applications. We put a lot of emphasis on interactivity and user-friendly UIs.
How you support us
As a Front End Developer in our team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and building application frontends and new features for our Newsmind products for the media industry.
- Design and implementation of (web)components or entire SPAs using React
- Front end development, implementation of UI prototypes and new UX designs in Typescript
- Continuous improvement of our applications in close contact with the users
- Supporting the design and planning of our products in terms of usability and user experience
- Close cooperation with our colleagues from the backend
Things we like
- Experience in application development with Sass, CSS, SCSS
- Experience with TypeScript
- Front end realisation with React (especially with context, hooks, suspense (soon), etc.)
- Knowledge of NodeJS or another programming language (Java, Python, etc.) is a plus, but not a must
- Enjoy UX and empathy with users as well as a comprehensive user-centred approach
- Enjoy new challenges: For example, how can AI features to support users be integrated into the interface as effectively and transparently as possible?
- Very good German language skills due to our customer projects
What we offer
- Humorous and loyal management and a great team
- Convit-Days to try out your own exciting projects and ideas
- Career prospects e.g. taking over or becoming a project manager, as a product owner of the projects and our products
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of working from home
- A permanent position
- Company events and small team events in between
- And much more…
Please apply with a CV via email to career at conv-it.de or via the “Apply” button. We are looking forward to your application.