The WordPress Developer is responsible for frontend and backend WordPress and site development and focuses on turning web designs in Figma into premium digital experiences for LGND’s clients.
We build themes from scratch, so please include examples of WordPress sites that you’ve built from the ground up (i.e. not utilizing a page builder plugin like Divi), ideally with screenshots of Advanced Custom Fields configuration.
The WordPress Developer collaborates with development, design, and strategy teams to bridge the gap between web design and technical implementation and takes an active role in understanding technical needs and expectations while focusing on quality assurance, accessibility, security, and ADA compliance.
At the moment, we’re a small development team looking to expand. Most of the time you’ll either be building the bulk of a project independently alongside the design team or collaborating with us on different parts of a project. We work together as a team to make plans for development, share knowledge of techniques, solve problems, and share ideas.
LGND has the mind of a consulting firm with the heart of a creative agency. We believe that good storytelling can be the difference between success and failure for organizations, policy initiatives, and product launches. We also believe that too much hard work and too many important ideas end up trapped in PDFs and hard-to-reach websites, so their stories aren’t told effectively.
We supply our clients with the creative ideas and technology that make those stories shine, which can range from designing a flight tracking dashboard that updates aircraft locations in real-time for Aireon to building a campaign on the regulatory challenges of Food Truck owners for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION.
What you’ll do:
- Use HTML, CSS, PHP, and JS to create user-friendly web pages
- Build custom (hand-built) WordPress themes using Advanced Custom Fields
- Take Figma design files into working responsive websites
- Collaborate with the design team on user experience, animation, and interactivity
- Maintain and improve existing sites
- Optimize code for maximum PageSpeed performance and accessibility scores
- Cultivate a collaborative team-based model, while helping ensure LGND delivers premium web experiences
- Take an active role in understanding technical needs and expectations while focusing on quality assurance, accessibility, security, ADA compliance
- Actively work to ensure LGND’s technology meets quality and security standards
- Drive your own projects as a primary developer, or collaborate within a team (we want you to drive projects forward on your own sometimes, but we’re always ready to help, answer questions, or pitch in)
- Assists the CTO in the management of the development team allocates team resources, and monitors individual and team performance
- Quality Assurance on your projects and with the team
- Experience building custom WordPress themes from scratch with Advanced Custom Fields (without Bootstrap, Divi, etc)
- A portfolio that includes samples of custom WordPress themes you’ve built from scratch
- Good communication skills with the team over Slack and Zoom
- Team player who wants to work together and collaborate, not just work alone
- Bring your unique voice and perspective to our projects so we can create great work
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Strong familiarity with cross-browser testing and debugging
- Familiarity with building scrolling interactive websites
- Strong understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Experience developing and testing responsive sites
- Knowledge of SEO, performance, and accessibility principles
- Some API integration experience (CRMs, mailing list services, REST APIs, etc)
- Experience in website data visualization techniques and libraries, e.g. D3.js, amcharts, etc
- GSAP and Lottie knowledge
- Figma or other design experience
- Experience with Mapbox, Leaflet, or Google Maps
- Experience in React or Vue.js
- Data processing
- Knowledge of server deployments (SSH, SSL, DNS, hosting, etc)
- Salesforce and other CRM API integration experience
LGND is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment. LGND does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.