Mission Minded seeks a Senior Web Visual Designer to work with us on a project-by-project basis with some outstanding nonprofits. This is not a full-time position and is ideal for someone with an existing or newly created freelance practice.
We are a brand strategy firm that works exclusively with nonprofits. As in all good strategy development, we are constantly pushing ourselves and our clients to think bigger, broader, deeper. We like to challenge assumptions. We like to look at problems from multiple angles to find the best solution for a nonprofit. So being someone who is comfortable with collaboration, input, and iterative thinking is key.
We’re a small company, and we genuinely value and respect one another. We don’t mind being stuck in an airport together on a business trip. In fact, because all of us are based in home offices, we welcome the chance to see each other non-digitally.
Because we’ve been around for over 15 years, we’ve developed a very strong reputation in the nonprofit community. Much of our business comes through referrals from previous clients. We’re proud of that. So we set high standards for our work. And we’re very, very committed to the idea of excellent customer service. This means all recommendations are based on sound strategy. Well written. Delivered with clarity. On time. Typo free.
From project to project, you will interact with digital strategists, brand strategists, designers, and developers to ensure all client recommendations are fully, and successfully, implemented and evaluated.
Although Mission Minded is a for-profit company, our clients are working with limited budgets and often within constrained resources; Mission Minded project compensation reflects that reality. And there is qualitative compensation in supporting the work our clients are doing to make the world a better place.
You should contact us about this opportunity if you are a self-starter, able to work both collaboratively and independently, a great communicator, possess nearly maniacal attention to detail, and have experience in and/or a demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit sector.
This is a contract-based position. You will be expected to work from your own office, and occasional travel to client locations may be required (most of our clients are in the Western US). But we promise you won’t feel alone! We are a highly communicative team – phone, email, Slack, and Zoom keep us connected throughout the day. You use your own office technology, including an Apple computer, software, and phone.
- Demonstrated experience creating visual design for content management system websites
- Demonstrated experience developing visual design systems from which website will be developed by other - 5+ years of experience conceptualizing and designing a broad range of websites
- Strong project management skills and ability to function as project leader influencing others as well as individual contributor.
- Acute attention to detail including pixel perfect layouts and the ability to follow graphic brand standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences.
- Relevant professional portfolio of creative solutions that support project goals.
- Adept user of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with visual identity design a plus
- Experience with nonprofit organizations a plus
- Sense of humor (we think that’s important in a customer service-based business)
- Must be able to work from your own home-based office
- Apple Macintosh platform essential
If this sounds like you, we’d welcome your cover letter, resume, and online portfolio. Please send it to Rod Lemaire, Partner & Creative Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Mission Minded is a national, virtual company.
Please send cover letter and resume via email.