36 is seeking a well-rounded, talented UX/UI specialist who can turn ideas, concepts, and interfaces into rich user experiences. This position is ideal for someone who wants to participate in the many activities of the UX/UI spectrum. Ranging from understanding needs, researching, creating concepts, to delivery — you enjoy all facets of the UX/UI process.
While keeping a keen eye on usability, the right person also keeps an eye on accessibility as part of their practice to provide an inclusive experience for everyone. Though ideal, accessibility is not a strict requirement to the position as we will help provide direction when necessary.
This position involves working with multiple projects, both new and existing, across various industries.
- Curious, egoless attitude; always looking for creative ways to solve problems, both new and old.
- Have at least two years of experience in UX/UI projects, specifically in digital products like websites and web applications.
- Love solving problems for the user and have the empathy needed to understand them.
- Enjoy the research and analytical side just as much as the creative.
- Team player, capable of collaborating with both in-house and partner teammates.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with promoting the optimization of internal processes.
- Have excellent organization, communication, and timekeeping skills. You know how to articulate the “why” and have discussions around your process and conclusions.
- Having the correct mindset; seeing things from the perspective of the users you’re designing for.
- Comfortable with planning and facilitating user tests, surveys, workshops, and other interactions with clients and users.
- Strong presentation skills and professionalism in client interactions.
- Comfortable learning new processes and methods; you enjoy keeping up with and learning the latest best practices.
- Know how to identify issues from your past experiences and are not afraid to offer constructive criticism on a whim.
- Know how to improve products iteratively.
- Have experience with surveying and analytical tools—for example, Qualtrics, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Hotjar, Lucky Orange, etc.
- Have experience with planning and creative tools—for example, Invision, Sketch, Figma, Miro, etc.
- Have experience with various online services around collecting feedback, user testing, etc.
- Know how to analyze and optimize your workflow per project needs.
- Know how to design and optimize for both mobile and desktop experiences.
- Can point to a reason behind everything.
Processes You May Be Involved With
- User research (interviews, focus groups, surveys, persona development, user journeys, testing, etc.)
- Wireframing and Prototyping (including IA, diagramming, low-fi, hi-fi, clickable, etc.)
- More testing (user testing, usability testing, A/B, tree, navigation, etc.)
Nice To Haves (But Not Required)
- The ability to identify and scope required processes in a way that best fits a client’s budget.
- Some web development knowledge
- Some web design knowledge
- Degree in Psychology, UX, Design, or related fields
- Knowledge of accessibility practices
- References (client or past positions)
- Candidates can go through various portfolio items and pick one to use as a walkthrough. It would be great to touch on a few various and different types of projects.
- Candidates should walk through a past project or example starting from discovery and research through execution and delivery. From there, a candidate should show their involvement in ongoing processes to test and improve products iteratively. Web-related experience is a bonus!
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. All employees get benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, flex time off, vacation, sick time, paid training, office perks, and more (ask us!). This is a great position to grow in!