Office/Bureau is looking for a WordPress Developer with strong PHP and React skills to join our remote team and help us create engaging, high impact work for our clients.
We’re a small studio working on big projects with a tightly integrated design and development process. You will be a valued participant in the entire process: sharing knowledge in creative meetings, collaborating with designers to make sure the ideal user experience aligns with technical best practices, and ensuring the final product meets our high standards.
We’re looking for at least 5 years of real-world development experience. This can be self-directed or as part of a team, although some team experience is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate Has
- a passion for finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- an inquisitive nature and the desire to share your discoveries with others
- the confidence to get something wrong, learn, and then get it better than right the next time
- an interest in design thinking and strategy, and the ability to participate in the creative process
Minimum Skill Requirements
- 5+ years working experience
- Significant experience with WordPress and the WordPress Block Editor, including:
- building themes and custom blocks from scratch
- mapping out complex custom post type and taxonomy relationships
- building custom WordPress REST API routes and endpoints
- admin customizations such as custom options pages, admin columns, and appearance customizations
- Ability to work with design specs provided in Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- A strong understanding of web standards, accessibility and current best practices
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Performance-based bonuses
- Unlimited paid time off (yep!)
- Health benefits
In 2020 the Office/Bureau team left our offices and switched to a fully remote working style. We operate mostly asynchronously, but still make time to engage socially whether on Slack or Meet. We have no immediate plans to return to an office environment, but as the COVID-19 situation evolves, we may explore the possibility of a shared workspace for occasional drop-in work or meetings.
Who We Are
We believe in the power of information to create meaningful change, and we believe that insightful strategy, good design, and user driven development can help turn information into knowledge. We work with organizations, institutions, governments, and companies to make their knowledge more accessible, more effective, and more compelling, so that their stakeholders can engage with it more deeply, creating greater impact and more meaningful change.
How to Apply
Please email your resume along with links to your work to email@example.com